Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!! >

Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Old 11-08-2005, 10:44 AM

Default RE: Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Well I went out Mon. afternoon. The temp was better....62 and windy. Well I only saw one buck around 150 yds out following a doe. Grunted for him but it didn't even phase him. By brother was ontop of the ridge and had a shot and missed cleanly at 20 yds. He hit an oak tree. He has no idea what happened! He's still scratching his head today!Well I will be back out there on thursday. Hopefully they will come in closer. later guys.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

Geez...just when I say something good about the old man he goes and shoots a button buck, but in the process he passed on another small buck. He didnt know it was a button though so I guess thats a little consolation.

Sounds like they are really stackin up back home...I cant wait to get back there for the weekend!

p.s. he said his rocket hammerheads really tore it up...I guess it ran by him after he shot it and he got sprayed with blood
Old 11-10-2005, 07:58 AM

Well this doesn't count in the contest but I finally scored my first bowkill this morning. I got a nice mature doe at about 25 yards. Perfect broadside shot right in the boiler room. She went about 20 yards or so and keeled right over. SWEET!!! Oh, I found a new rub this morning and it had a fresh scrape under it. And it was on the same trail that the doe took this morning. Cool!
Old 11-13-2005, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

Hey fellas...just checking in after my weekend of hunting back home, it was well worth the gas money as I had a very successful weekend!

I got a small doe friday evening around 330, complete pass-through in a less than ideal location (base of the neck) she only went 100 yards

Saturday morning comes and things start out bad...the first place we were heading ended up being a wash because someone beat us there. On to the next place (one of my favorites), we werent there for 30 minutes when a nice doe with a couple very healthy skippers. I drilled the doe with a double lung pass through and she piled up within 50 yards, my old man shot at one of the skippers and missed but he wasnt terribly upset with letting it live. The doe dressed out at 110.

To top the story off, on my way down on friday I nailed a small doe with my car, it completely flew over the roof and must have been 12 feet in the air at one point. She died as soon as she hit the ground...the cop showed up and I told him I was coming back to go hunting...oh the irony! [&:] minor damage to my car, I wasnt too worried about it anyway cause I only paid $700 for it
Old 11-16-2005, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

Bump...

Wheres our team??
Old 11-17-2005, 06:19 PM

Well it's my first day of my hunting vacation and I made it out on anafternoon hunt. Got there a little late around 2:30 pm. Well walked to my tree and jumped three deer on the way in. Not sure what they were but I wasn't too upset because the RUT is in full swing. Bucks are chasing does all over the woods. Any way I climbed up my tree with my lone wolf climber. The temp is finally down here only a high of 34 today. Well I'm barley settled in and I look up and see a monster buck coming in fast. Got my bow in hand and got ready for the shot . Now he is 30 yards and broad side to me, only problem is three maple saplings between me and him. He continued to walk to my left and now he is 40 yds on the money. But he is facing me directly. He got a whiff of the tinks 69 I put out and started to head directly for my stand. Now ... there is nothing but air between me and him. He takes two more steps and the wind changes direction and he knows something is up. He puts his nose in the air and looks directly at me. He's not alarmed in any way but he knows something is up and turns and walks right where he came from. Tried banging the antlers and grunting but he only stopped for a sec and walked off into the thickets. He was a great 8 pointer with at least 10 inch G2's. Well I will be out there in the AM and hopefully get another crack at him. Thats why it's called hunting and not getting. Well I'll update you guys tomorrow on how the hunt goes.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

Hey thats great news callemin...good luck on getting that beast!

Heres a couple pictures of the doe I got last weekend...I know they are crappy pictures...I really need to put more effort into getting in the field shots!

she was a 110 pound doe shot through both lungs (you can see the wound)
Old 11-18-2005, 09:16 AM

Mehunt congrats on the doe. Well I went back out this morning and saw only two does. It was 27 deg. When I got home my wife told me a nice 8 pointer was running a doe in the back lawn. He chased her down the trail where I have a ladder stand set up. Oh well..... what are you gonna do. The gun season opens tomorrow. Maybe I will get him tomorrow. Not sure if I can get out this afternoon because My wife and I have parent teacherconference at 1:00 pm. If I get home early enough I will hunt the ladder stand on my property. Will updated later.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:42 AM

CONGRATS on the doe there ME....Very nice...Well I haven't been on here in quite awhile and have been huntin my ars off for the last month. It's about time to take a week to unwind. Well anyway I was in Iowa for 9 days and just couldn't connect on the Big one. It seemed I was so close so many times but just couldn't seal the deal. Oh Well.... Anyway our firearms season here in MO is going to be wrapping up in the next few days and deer movement has been pitiful. I did connect on this 8pt on Thurs. but it had a little ground shrinkage but nonetheless I am proud of him. He was crossing a narrow ridge pretty fast and I had to hurrily make a decision. He looked alot bigger standing out there. Well he only went about 70yds after the shot from the 30-06 connected. I ranged it and no kidding he was 290yds. LUCKY... I don't know where I held over his back but I hit him mid ways. Anyhow I'll take the lucky shot and the buck....

Old 11-19-2005, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our season ended last week and so far I only have 1 doe to show for it. Next season starts in a couple weeks so I get some time off to spend with the family during the holiday. =

Quick Reply: Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.