HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!
Old 11-17-2005, 06:19 PM
callemin

Default RE: Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Well it's my first day of my hunting vacation and I made it out on anafternoon hunt. Got there a little late around 2:30 pm. Well walked to my tree and jumped three deer on the way in. Not sure what they were but I wasn't too upset because the RUT is in full swing. Bucks are chasing does all over the woods. Any way I climbed up my tree with my lone wolf climber. The temp is finally down here only a high of 34 today. Well I'm barley settled in and I look up and see a monster buck coming in fast. Got my bow in hand and got ready for the shot . Now he is 30 yards and broad side to me, only problem is three maple saplings between me and him. He continued to walk to my left and now he is 40 yds on the money. But he is facing me directly. He got a whiff of the tinks 69 I put out and started to head directly for my stand. Now ... there is nothing but air between me and him. He takes two more steps and the wind changes direction and he knows something is up. He puts his nose in the air and looks directly at me. He's not alarmed in any way but he knows something is up and turns and walks right where he came from. Tried banging the antlers and grunting but he only stopped for a sec and walked off into the thickets. He was a great 8 pointer with at least 10 inch G2's. Well I will be out there in the AM and hopefully get another crack at him. Thats why it's called hunting and not getting. Well I'll update you guys tomorrow on how the hunt goes.