Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!! >

Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Old 10-31-2005, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

I've been busy the past few days and haven't been out. Work has been kicking my butt. [&:] Hoping to get out tomorrow night or Wednesday morning.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Jeramyk...I think its you that is on the Mathews site (same name); do you know when the new mathews hunting bow is coming out...I saw the conquest apex7

Thanks...
Old 11-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys, it has been a while since I have been on here. I have been hooked up moving, hunting, and working. Haven't had a whole lot of time to do anything else. I have only seen small bucks and does. Sunday I did have a nice young 6 pointer chase a doe 20 yards from my stand. They are starting to get antsy and heat up here in Oklahoma. I will keep you updated, good luck everyone!
Old 11-01-2005, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MEhuntalot

Hey Jeramyk...I think its you that is on the Mathews site (same name); do you know when the new mathews hunting bow is coming out...I saw the conquest apex7

Thanks...
Yep, that's me over there on the site. I use the same forum name on all websites. How original. lol

I still haven't heard a peep from Mathews. I assume the are letting PSE/Hoyt/BowTech show their lineups before they decide to release theirs. If we're lucky we'll hear something by the end of Nov. But they could possibly hold out until January.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

well guys, i'm officially out of the contest. i shot a buck w/ shotgun today, so that is my one and only buck tag. no chance of party hunting a buck too because the guy i bowhunt w/ already got one. it's funny, I never hunted as hard as i have this year w/ bow and I never got close to getting a buck and only had a doe within range once. then firearms start and I have deer all around me all morning. 8:15 and I had a buck and a doe (and two really long drags). the buck was an 8 point. not huge, just a step up from basket rack. he suffered from ground shrinkage but the way this year has gone you won't hear me complain.

i'll probably do a little more hunting for does. but i'm essentially done. it's been as frustrating as any year i've ever hunted, nice to finish it off w/ a buck. that makes 8 pointers in 3 straight years. i'll try to make it 4 but next year w/ a bow. later all...

**update: man, the deer must like the smell of my shotgun. i got another doe tonight. Where were all these deer when I had a bow in my hand????????
Old 11-06-2005, 09:52 AM

Congrats on the deerRackluster. Too bad it wont help us but thats OK. Only one tag that sucks![&o]Well sorry I haven't checked in here in a while. I have been out a few times. The weather here in NY is very warm. Temp was 77 yesterday. Too warm for deer movement during day light hours. They have been coming into my stand when there isn't enough light to shoot. but the bucks are chasing the does so thats good. I will do an afternoon hunt tomorrow. It will still be warm but I have to give it a shot. Will check in tomorrow and update you how I made out. Later.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Rackluster!

Time is running out for me in our archery season which is up this Saturday. Then we have a couple weeks until our gun season starts though I still prefer to take the bow. We get an extended archery season starting after Christmas. I've not had any luck seeing a legal deer so far this season. I've seen alot of small bucks but with our antler restrictions non of them are shooters.

Oh well, I'm still enjoying my time out in the stand.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:44 AM

I haven't been on here in awhile and wanted to say congrats on the deer Rackluster. Don't worry about the contest thing I'm glad you got ya a deer. Well I just got back from a 9 day hunt in Iowa and no buck to show for. The weather was warm and windy most of the time and movement was pretty slow but we still managed to see some really nice bucks and one of us even took a really nice 10pt. Pic enclosed... The last couple of days were a little cooler and it seemed the rut was starting to fire up really well. I had a huge 10pt work does into within 60yds of my setup 2 different times on Friday and the last time he came in he was doing alot of grunting and even snort/wheezed a couple times (pretty neat). The last 2 days I saw 5 shooter bucks out of that stand but just didn't get one to come the extra distance. Well I'm thinking about skipping our firearms opener here in MO this coming weekend and head back up there and give it another try. We'll see...Good luck to everyone still hunting....

Old 11-07-2005, 06:52 AM

another pic....

Old 11-08-2005, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

congrats on the deer rack! A deer is a deer is a deer, whether it counts for the contest or not.

Good luck to you all who still have archery seasons left to go...mine runs till the second week of december, and I will give her heck until then. The rifle season here in maine is in full swing but I have only touched the .450 once. I prefer to go out in our expanded archery zone while all the other people fight with the orange parade!

My dad has been having decent luck recently (yet again) he saw a deer that we passed on last year, he was a spike with nubs (technically a 4 or 5 pointer), this year he is a very respectable 6..and he once again passed on him (very uncharacteristic of my old man). Most of the bowhunting that I will do between now and the end of the year will be back home on the weekends, so its a good thing gas prices have come back down a bit!

The last time I went out while at college I saw 3 doe at 40 yards, but there was too much crap in the way to shoot [:@]. They will serve a purpose in the near future with the rut coming into full stride!

Good luck, and shoot straight

ME

Quick Reply: Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.