Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Quick link for tractor hook up

Old 07-24-2005, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Quick link for tractor hook up

I just bought this "Quick Link" attachment from feed city.Doesanybody have any information on this product? www.feedcity.net
Old 07-29-2005, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Quick link for tractor hook up

link doesnt work
Old 07-29-2005, 11:18 PM
Typical Buck

he probably meant to post this link...

http://www.feedcity.net/quicklink.htm
Old 08-01-2005, 04:07 PM

I have the quicklink sold by Northern Tool on my 30 HP Kubota. It's essentially the same setup as what you're looking at. It makes changing implements very easy - no kicking, pulling, or swearing!! It also lengthens your hitch clearance- this helped me with an old set of plows that I use. The other quick hitch that is shaped like an upside down 'U' are a fixed width and not very good for different width implements.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

psandhu-

I'm interested in the link you posted - Have you used it? I sweat, yank, and swear with best of them with my 3 point set up!

FH
Old 08-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

I just expermented with the quick link for the past 3 days, It worked great for the3 pt. spreader & brush hog after a little tinkering with the upper lift arm.When I used it on the brush hog you have to lent the upper arm all the way out. The spreader that I have ismost likly for a bigger tractor (CAT II) and this is the first time I ever used the spreader. When I first tried to install the spreader a couple a weeks ago, the rods on the side of the spreader would not fit onto the tractor's swing arms. The Quick link made a easy install.

However, when hooked up to the tiller the PTO shaft was a little short becasue it pulled out from the tiller twice. I may have been at fault. I also think the shaft got bent a little because I had a hard time inserting the two peices that go back on the tiller together. I did use the tiller hooked up the old fashion way after cursing & swearing. I'm still new learning everything about the tractor, tiller, speader, & food plots, etc. because I have nobody to show me, so everything is by trial & error. Would I recommend this product, Yes, I got it on E-Bay.