HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quick link for tractor hook up
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 05:31 PM
270sniper
Fork Horn

Default RE: Quick link for tractor hook up

I just expermented with the quick link for the past 3 days, It worked great for the3 pt. spreader & brush hog after a little tinkering with the upper lift arm.When I used it on the brush hog you have to lent the upper arm all the way out. The spreader that I have ismost likly for a bigger tractor (CAT II) and this is the first time I ever used the spreader. When I first tried to install the spreader a couple a weeks ago, the rods on the side of the spreader would not fit onto the tractor's swing arms. The Quick link made a easy install.

However, when hooked up to the tiller the PTO shaft was a little short becasue it pulled out from the tiller twice. I may have been at fault. I also think the shaft got bent a little because I had a hard time inserting the two peices that go back on the tiller together. I did use the tiller hooked up the old fashion way after cursing & swearing. I'm still new learning everything about the tractor, tiller, speader, & food plots, etc. because I have nobody to show me, so everything is by trial & error. Would I recommend this product, Yes, I got it on E-Bay.