Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Choices?

Old 02-23-2005, 12:20 PM

Default RE: Choices?

You can get a top notch scope for a lot less than what you're gonna spend. The Leupold Vari X-III's are an awsome scope. You can get them with any recticle that you want these days. I own nothing but Leupold. They have not once failed me in the field. And if somehow you get a bad scope or just aren't satisfied with it, Leupold will make it right.

My suggestion is to buy a Leupold and put the money you save towards a good huntMost people buying the brands you're talking about are only status buyers. Some of the best hunters in the world use Leopolds. I haven't met anyone who's talked bad about them. Good luck shopping! Shouldn't have any problems with whatever you buy.
www.leupold.com;)
Old 02-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey timber way to go on your good luck and hard work, buy what you want, like you said you earned it. the only thing for me is like my stepsons stereo, he could spend 5k on it and i cant tell the justifiable differnce in it and the old "system" he had, but i say buy one and try it, all you mentioned are great, but i don't know how much they would help my tired eyes if you know what i mean. best of luck, let us know what you end up with, and don't forget about your good fortune come sunday
Old 02-23-2005, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey timber,
Although I've never even looked thru anything as expensive as what you're considering--Got all leupolds, myself (been good enough so far). But I know if I had some big money to spend on one, I would also consider a Shepherd--I looked thru one of those once and it was awesome--set up for some for extreme distance variation. not sure, but it seemed like extremly well made and thought out ( the guy said it was high dollar as well)
Old 02-24-2005, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only high end scopes I’ve ever looked thru were the Zeiss and Swarovski and couldn’t see much difference in the store between the two of them. Maybe you can post your question at this web site and they could help a little better. www.opticstalk.com/forum_topics.asp?fid=2 Good luck in your choice and there’s nothing wrong with spoiling your self.