Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

so many choices

Old 06-01-2007, 09:49 AM
Spike

Default so many choices

I am currently using easton camo hunters xx-75 2315.Should I upgrade to carbons or just stick with what works?My bow is the '06 PSE Diablo NRG 2-cam.I use a drop away rest.Please set me straight.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: so many choices

Its up to you butternuts. Personally I would stick to what ever has been working for you. The only reason Im going to carbons from myXX75 2314's is because after too many passthroughs and non passthroughsits getting expensive to buy arrows. But hey do what you want to do, dont let anyone ever tell you what equipment to buy or not buy.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:00 AM
Spike

That's what I was leaning for.Just wanted a second opinion.Thanks!
Keep that PSE tuned and shoot straight!
Old 06-02-2007, 04:18 AM

Butternuts,
I'm in the same boat. If money grew on trees I would try out carbons. I figure to get into carbons Id have to obviously buy arrows , but also a saw(100 bucks[]) . I also like using wraps and can scrape them off alum. with a razor to replace flethcings. Seems to me taking a wrap off a carbon arrow may be more difficult.My XX75 are on the money but it would be nice to shoot an arrow and not have to toss it if I find it bent. Also the flatter projectory would be nice .For now I'll stick with my camo huntersGood luck
Old 06-02-2007, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

You would absolutely not believe the difference making the switch to a quality carbon shaft would make! If nothing else, head to your local Shop and simply pick up 3 CX 300's or GT 55/75's to try and see for yourself! I promise between the durability, the incredible increase in velocity and kinetic energy levels.... you won't be able to stop the smile on your face! Honestly, try some?
Old 06-02-2007, 08:43 AM

Yep, that's why I shoot game getters now. The only way to know for sure is to try them. I tried several brands of carbon arrows and while they worked non really made me aw struck in the performance department.

If I went back to carbons it would be the tapered Nitro Stingers by Arrow Dynamics.

Paul
Old 06-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Spike

Are the new Gamegetters still aluminum with carbon sizes printed on them or are they actual carbons?I saw them in Cabelas and was a little confused.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:49 PM

I believe they make game getters in both carbon and aluminum, or did at one time. They change the line ups often and I don't keep up with it. I don't buy arrows that often anymore.

I also think cabela's quit stocking aluminum arrows, so the ones you saw are most likely carbon.

Paul
Old 06-04-2007, 08:09 PM

Cabelas still carries aluminums.

Stick with what works for you.