Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Choices?

Old 02-22-2005, 04:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Choices?

Some very good land transactions are finally about to close. I need to chose between the top Swarovski, Zeiss and Schmidt Bender scopes. Anybody have a knowledgeable preference? Low light is the main criteria. I'm leaning to the Schmidt Bender.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:43 PM

Default RE: Choices?

good luck with your choice,too expensive for me.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:00 PM

i hear alot of good things about zeiss and swarvoski
Old 02-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

For your shopping list it don't matter. Paying that much for glass is just a vulgar display of more money than you know what to do with. All of what you mentioned are top of the line and of the highest quality.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thunderchicken I'm 53 years old and have worked hard for my money. Nothing vulgar about treating yourself to a quality scope in my opinion. I will probably mount it on my 35 year old rifle.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Swarovski all the way. IMHO, they have the best quality optics money can buy. Their tech support was also great when I had problems with my binoculars. They sent me an extra eyecup no charge, but the lady I talked to on the phone told me how to fix them. Nothing wrong with the binoculars except the operator.[&:]

. . . I'm 53 years old and have worked hard for my money. Nothing vulgar about treating yourself to a quality scope in my opinion.
You'll get no argument from me. Nothing wrong with wanting the best.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:51 PM

Get the one with the best definition. Sight on an airconditioning unit on top a building and see which one show the fire mesh screen.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:51 AM

swarovski is the best choice. They have an excellent coating on their lenses and have a extremely high quality process in which they use to make these lenses. I would go with swarovski.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:40 AM

I went with the Zeiss 4.5 X 14 mostly on the basis of cost. I had a pair of Zeiss 10 X 42 binoculars, but sold them before last season and got a set of 15 X 56 Swarovski binoculars. I think the Swarovskis have better optical clarity, but I decided to stay with the zeiss scope because I can make my decision as to whether a buck is a shooter with the binoculars. The zeiss scope is great in low light, so I can be confident of taking a shot at any time during legal shooting hours, the image is just not as crisp and clear as the Swarovskis.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Suggestion, check out the Leupold LPS. Superior quality and warranty. I have owned a Swarovski PH series and in my opinion the LPS is more crisp and clear, especially in fog and low light conditions.

Quick Reply: Choices?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.