Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Choices, choices? single or multi pin ? >

Choices, choices? single or multi pin ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Choices, choices? single or multi pin ?

Old 06-30-2009, 02:07 AM

Default Choices, choices? single or multi pin ?

Right guys opinions please multi pin or single pin for hunting.
Pros and cons.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Choices, choices? single or multi pin ?

The less you have to look at, the less you have to think. Single pin, Youll be suprised how much easier and more confident youll be able to shoot.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:12 AM

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

The less you have to look at, the less you have to think. Single pin, Youll be suprised how much easier and more confident youll be able to shoot.
x2 - I love my single pin.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

I enjoy the 3 pin sight for hunting purposes..
Old 07-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Typical Buck

Depends on what your hunting, where your hunting and how your hunting, and what your hunting with.

I personal have one bow i use for everything, I use it to hunt everything from whitetails to elk. I hunt a large variety of places, from tight woods in the east to huge open draws in the west. I have a 5 pin sight and i have taken shots out to 60yards + before. Each pin serves a purpose. It depends on you. if your only huntin whitetails from stands and you sit only in woods and never on largefields then a 1 pin or 3 pin would be great. But if you u hunt big country on your feet then you might want 3 pin or more. I know alot of guys like the adjustable 1 pin, but when i hunt out west the last thing i want to do is adjust i just want to draw, place my pin, and luce!
Old 07-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer the multi pin set up. Never did like taking the time to adjust the pin to the correct yardage.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Hurricanespg
Never did like taking the time to adjust the pin to the correct yardage.
While I understand this point, once you know the yardage of your main shooting lanes, you can practice shooting at various distances with your pin set at your most common shooting lane distance. For example, I routinely keep my sight set it's 20yd mark, and I'll practice shooting at distances from 15yds all the way out to 30-35ish yards. It's just like learning where to hold your pins at various distances that are in between your pin yardages on a multi-pin. It's all practice.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like multiple pin sights. Things can happen quickly in the field, for me it's one less thing to worry about, but I can see Austins point about using one pin and practicing at different yardages. Whatever you're more comfortable with is best, I just prefer more than one pin.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:32 AM

I like the 3 pin. Question though I am all of a sudden seeing a blurry pin instead of a defined pin. I have perfect eye sight . Does anyone know what could be causing this?
Old 07-02-2009, 05:36 AM
Typical Buck

check your peep. It could be that your peep is turned slightly. If thats the case it will cause your pins to be seen as blurry. Also, if you have a small peep that doesnt allow much light in during low light situation it will make it harder or blurry too.

Quick Reply: Choices, choices? single or multi pin ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.