Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is Poaching Okay???

Old 02-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Is Poaching Okay???

Charlie P,

Why isnt that almost the same thing? I dont have a problem with either situation but what i'm saying is that why is it so bad for someone to shoot a deer to feed a family (if they really need it) but a farmer can shoot dozens of deer to basically do the same thing, survive. And no one complains about that or would you guys be upset about that also? No offense against farmers, i would never say or do anything negative against them.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

One is done legally one isn't.

Look at how much food you can put in the freezer legally, especially if your a fisherman too.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:53 PM

catch me if you can! [8D]

just kidding. lol some of you guys are too serius. smile some time before you have a heartattack.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

In Minnesota there is no need for poaching. Our welfare system will take care of you, if your down on your luck ,or you just don't want to work. you can live pretty darn good. the state will pay your rent for you and you get all kinds of food vouchers. Me and the wife work for a liveing, and pay our own bills, but the neighbors across the steet don't feel they need to work so they just stay at home and make babies. the wife and I go out to eat maybe once every couple weeks. the neighbors they order food in at least five night a week. ( due to the fact the take out place takes them food vouchers ) Heck, the town I live in felt so sorry for the neighbors kids, that they bought them all new bicycles for christmas. of course, here in Minnesota theres to much snow for the bicycles, so There Daddy lets them drive his new 2005 Yamaha snowmobile around the yard.

Come to Minnesota (the state of liberals) " We'll Take Care Of YA "
Old 02-02-2005, 02:10 PM

Well its obvious we arent gonna change any minds here. Id be willin to bet that most of those that dont believe in poaching to feed your starving family are under 50 years old and just cant fathom the situation. No one here on this board is so poor that they have to poach its the ones that have nothing. Its the ones that society and some here on this board have turned their backs on they are a victim of their own enviroment and yes some are self induced but that still doesnt help the hungry children. Laws are laws and should not be broken but If I see a man poaching to feed his family I will turn my back and say nothing. Jimmy
Old 02-02-2005, 02:18 PM
Typical Buck

I'd take the middle ground on this if that's even possible but here goes. I've seen truely starving and truely hungry people. Trust me your mindset is not even the same. I don't know if it's chemical or pshycological but you don't think the same way and your body goes into survival mode. I think if you were that hungry (the hunger I've seen in other countries) I don't think it's a matter of poaching or breaking the law, you start thinking HOW ARE WE GOING TO SURVIVE? Your instincts take over and your rational thought is now taking a distant second.

With that being said I could never say "poaching is ok under certain circumstances." A line has been drawn and even if you feel for someones situation you still must know where that line is. It's agains the law period. If I was that hungry I'd poach, but if I got caught I'd expect to face the consequences in their fullest extent.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:59 PM

Been there and done that, and I don't give a ****, what you call it! Lost my good job, unemployment ran out, got 2 part time jobs for minimum wage, and tried to go to school at night to better my education. Don't tell me about all the **** assistance that you can get, tried that, they said I made too much **** money to get any help. Barely made enough to pay my bills, with nothing left for groceries!The way I seen it at that time, the government didn't give a **** whether my family starved or not, so I didnt give a about killing some of their animals so we could eat! Hunted just what we needed to live on and let the rest walk. Anyone who has never been there, doesn't know what they would do.I was raised that God and the welfare of your family comes first. I guarantee that you would starve to death before you received any government assistance, if you were lucky enough to receive any at all, and had to wait on their 2 month or more waiting list! Government assistance isn't handed out to the working man trying to make a living that has fell on hard times. It is given to the lazy S.O.B. that is 21 years old and doesn't feel like getting a job! Just had to vent!![:'(]
Old 02-02-2005, 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: North Texan

ORIGINAL: 1865

Lot of folks on here that have obviously never been hungry.
Probably because I've never been to proud to take a job.
My sophomore year of high school my father was medically retired from the army. It took him 18 months to find a new job that paid enough money to pay all our bills. In that time both my grandparents had illnesses that required them to be hospitalized long term. We sold everything we could, my mom’s car, personal items and almost all our stock. My mother and I kept the farm running and my dad worked a day job bagging groceries, worked as a substitute teacher and worked a night job counting stock for an inventory service. My little sister and I went to school early so that we could have free lunch and breakfast. My dad swallowed his pride and accepted government assistance and help from our church. We also had the small amount of my dad’s government pension. Between my grandparent’s bills and the note on our farm, we barely made ends meet. For that year and a half my mother bought only the minimal amount of necessities to feed us, everything else we ate came from our garden or hunting. We took several deer out of season. Eventually my dad found better work, my grandfather passed away and our bills evened out, but in that time we did anything and everything to keep our home and feed ourselves. For you to sit there at your computer, puff out your chest and pass judgment on me and my family is asinine. If you’ve never been that poor you will never, ever understand what it is like. Once you’ve been poor like that a part of your heart is always poor. I hope you and your family never go through something like that, but if you do I hope you look back on this and understand what I mean.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:37 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Night Hawk 223

kevin1, so you are saying that a burger flipping job will suport a family of five? i dont think so. but what ever you think dude.
I don't know about where you live ,
but here , yes it will . The closers at McDonalds here average around $6-9.00 per hour in a market where the median value of a house is still well under $100,000 . Besides , if I ain't too proud to flip a burger , which I've had to do more than a few times , my wife ain't too proud either . Burger joints aren't the only ones I see around here flying "help wanted" signs either , I see them at many of the businesses of all types that I pass each day . About the only reason to be unemployed here is if you just want to be .

Nobody ever said a family of five could have a blast on a minimum wage budget , only that they could make it . I've had to do plenty of distasteful and sometimes downright brutal things just to keep my family of five solvent while raising them . Walk a mile in my boots or tell me that you've done the same , then criticize me . I literally raised a family of five , how about you ? As for the tone of your remark , I'll just presume that it came from a total lack of comparable experience combined with an equal dearth of primary social skills and leave it at that .
Old 02-02-2005, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

I can tell you I have been in the NO HELP zone most of my life. to much miney to get help not enough to pay the bills.

NO matter who you are you have broak laws many many times. Maby kill a deer to eat maby swindal money for a company or for the rich there is allways the tax froud.What it comes down to is every one has to figer out what they will and will not do to live at the status they live at.

I can tell you I would kill all the deer I would need WAY befor I will kill the farmers cow or take what is not mine from some one that earnd it.

The wages here in MT for FAST FOOD is minum wage. Houseing is way to high avrage house in helena MT is 140,000 or so PRITY hard to make ends meat here.

Quick Reply: Is Poaching Okay???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.