Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is Poaching Okay???

Old 02-03-2005, 06:44 AM

Default RE: Is Poaching Okay???

Poaching is only a temporary souloution for a long term problem.

Again, Move your ass and make somthing happen. Only if some of theese people could see other countries that they truley have nothing, Not even a place to live and Absoloutly no oppourtunity to make a better life, no matter how hard they work.

That might put things into a little bit different perspective.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Like I said before if your that bad off let the local Police or DEC cop know and they will get you all the road kill you could ever eat. No need to shoot them illegally.

How many pounds of fish do you think you coud legally catch a week?
Old 02-03-2005, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

we are not talking an endangered species here. Deer are overpopulated (at least where i live) and I think they should already extend the hunting season. I don't agree with poaching, but a man has to do what a man has to do. I'm not saying go out and hunt all year for the racks or the sport. I can turn my back on someone that takes a doe every once in a while to feed their kids. Hell, i wish I could go out and get a doe once a month for the meat. If it was legal i would but that is a different conversation.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:51 AM

We homelessmen don't know how to poach. Deer not in city. Bus don't go to deer country. We rob and steal here in city. They feed us good in jail.

2005 people in Africa poach to feed themselfs. That's YES and OK. Only poachers kill elaphents and big animals to sell for plofits. That' NO and never OK to govermant.

Amearicans should no't poach today. Too much food and help. Many wasted. In the past, Americans used to be poor and ok to kill deer and catch fish anetime, out of season. Poaching now means taking monster trophy illegally. Go jail for that.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:25 AM

The problem I see is game laws get more and more complicated every year. I understand them, but I study the manual and have an advanced college degree. And I bet I still miss things, in fact I know I do. And then there is accidental poaching. One time I had two deer run by in a thicket and I shot one as it ran by. Then another one came out right at me and I thought it was the first one and shot it. Then I had two which is illegal. But I wasn't going to waste one. I try to follow all the laws, never shoot them out of season, etc. But there are a bunch of laws and more every year. For example last year we could kill two but only on certain days. And we could kill a doe almost all the time except for one week.

And the laws are different on private and public land. I am not making excuses, obviously if you can't understand the laws you probably shouldn't be hunting but it is very complicated. And there are about twice as many regs as there were 10 years ago.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:48 AM
Typical Buck

I've known a few people who have taken a doe for meat over the years and all have lived in rural areas where live is simple and you do whatever you can to survive. Not saying whether I agree with it or not but I understand more in those situations than I do when people shoot animals, take the horns, and leave the meat to rot.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:01 PM
Typical Buck

Charlie P,

I dont know about where you live but i know in Central Pa, it would be really hard to live off of the fish you catch. During trout season, its easy to catch a bunch but your limit's only 5 a day and after we fillet them and deep fry, i definitly eat more than 5 myself. For river fishing at least in my area (Juniata River), you can have your good days but there are definitly alot of times when the only bass catch that you catch are too small. And if you go out to Raystown lake, Good luck. If you're not night fishing your chances of catching enough to feed a family are pretty slim. Maybe if one would live in Minnesota i can see if being possible.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:44 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC

You know whats funny? To those folks who say "flip burgers" or "get gov't hand outs" before illegally killing a god given creature to feed your family , I'd bet ya'll would come up with a different name for "poachers" if hunting in general was banned!
Yeah , I'd call them criminals instead of poachers ,
but I still wouldn't poach personally . I hunt for pleasure and meat , not racks , but I don't need the meat . Even if I did I wouldn't poach .
Old 02-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you're not night fishing your chances of catching enough to feed a family are pretty slim
Night fish then your not working anyway.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah , I'd call them criminals instead of poachers ,
but I still wouldn't poach personally . I hunt for pleasure and meat , not racks , but I don't need the meat . Even if I did I wouldn't poach .

I also find it interesting how some folks post about their hatred for welfare and gov't handouts (tax payers money[]) over on the political forum but then refer to it as a better option over illegally killing a deer to feed your family.

Quick Reply: Is Poaching Okay???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.