Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is Poaching Okay???

Old 02-02-2005, 04:03 AM

Default RE: Is Poaching Okay???

a country boy can and will servive! by what ever meens.
I personaly hate the fact that it is imposible for a pearson to live off of there own land and live the simple life. you have to follow suite or you are a crimanal. i understand laws and why we have them. i am in law enforcement. but if i could choose to live now or a hundred years ago i would not be here. would you? prably not.
you cant just go live off of the land out in the mountains if you want because your tresspasing or poaching.
i would love to do that. now that is free.
what hapened too the harder you work the further you get? now it is the most ass you kiss the further you get. and that doesnt work for me.
just my 2cents

but yes i would hunt legal or not if i had too to servive and feed my family.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:08 AM
Dominant Buck

HELL NO !!!!

If you're too proud to flip a burger you deserve to starve . I haven't passed too many restaurants lately that didn't have a "help wanted" message on their marquee , get a job ! There is not and never has been a reasonable excuse for poaching , and as long as shelters and food banks exist there never will be .
Old 02-02-2005, 04:16 AM

kevin1, so you are saying that a burger flipping job will suport a family of five? i dont think so. but what ever you think dude.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:44 AM

Obviously some on here think there is no hungry and starving people in the us. Take a road trip to the appalachain (spelling) mountains in Virginia you will see youg and old familys living in busses, shacks and trailers with no electricity, running water and the only heat is wood. There is no work or welfare for these people they dont have cars or anything else cause they sold everything trying to feed their familys. Yes they are eating possoms, rats, skunks anything they can get to feed their familys and yes they poach a deer when they can and to me thats not poaching thats feeding your family! Some of us get so caught up in our comfy little world that we refuse to think or see whats going on in America. Flipping burgers yep that will take care of a starving America these people live more than 100 miles from any burger place, they are way back in the mountains and forgotten by people like some on this board who refuse to acknowledge that there is a problem. I have seen this first hand and The show 20-20 did a piece on this several years ago and yes they are still there. Jimmy
Old 02-02-2005, 06:53 AM

Poaching is not ok, Even If somone has a hard time getting food!

Spend the time that it takes to go hunting a deer, and go hunting for a frickin job like everyone else.

If there is no jobs in your area pack your sh*t and get yourself to where there is work.

Simple as that.

Some people make exuses why they can't. Some poeple get off their ass and make things happen!

HT
Old 02-02-2005, 07:56 AM
Fork Horn

Without going in to too much detail, I would do anything I needed to feed my family. Do I think there are other ways to do it besides breaking any laws? You bet, but if all else fails i would kill a deer out of season in a heartbeat.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:00 AM

Some of you say move to find jobs or sell stuff that you have. When people are out of work and have no $$$ who will buy your stuff? If people have no money who will pay you and give you a job with no consumers? This is 2005 and the great depression happen back in the late 20's and early 30's. Becuase it was 70 years ago dont mean it can never happen again. You people who think you can just pack up and move to another state for a job. This country dont have enough jobs for the nearly 300 million people out there now but if hardtimes hit there should be enough jobs for everyone to make enough $$$ to where they wouldnt have to poach? I'm not trying to pick a fight with you who think there is no justice to take animals for survival out of season by no means but when and if this country was ever hit with hard times there would be more to survival then packing up and moving to find a job to survive and especially at what pay would become.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you were so poor that you could not find food or a job, How the hell could you afford to move to a different part of the country. What would you use for rent and deposits and moving costs? I am not promoting poaching but If one had to then have at it. I for one think the good lord would forgive and who the heck cares if someone who has not seen a hard time and wouldn't know what one was if it hit them on the head thinks its somehow wrong?
Old 02-02-2005, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I live in Appalachia, so I see some of this stuff first hand...

There are virtually no jobs here, and while the cost of living is low, it is on the rise.
Lots of the residents have no marketable skills, a 9th grade education and a raft of kids. There are welfare programs in place that feed them and heat their homes. These people lead a very different way of life than all of us are accustomed to. They have grown up raising chickens and shooting deer. I just don't get too bent out of shape when one of the hillbillies shoots a deer to eat or picks up a roadkill (also illegal). In the grand scheme of things, it's no big deal. I know a lot of the yocals, and donate them 90 percent of my deer. I think that does my part to control poaching, in a roundabout way.

They don't have much going for them, and if some fresh deer meat is the difference between these kids getting a good meal or having to wait until their free school lunch the following day, it's okay with me.

Most of the blame is attributable to the parents' history of making bad educational and financial decisions, but blaming them doesn't put food on the table, ya know?
Old 02-02-2005, 09:04 AM

Lot of folks on here that have obviously never been hungry.

Quick Reply: Is Poaching Okay???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.