Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Caught trespassers...

Old 12-06-2003, 12:09 PM

Default RE: Caught trespassers...

you were lot nicer then 'id be,congrats for you. remember vent/rant all good here. many to listen!!

-fastmopar1k--that does s*k, sorry to hear.
Old 12-13-2003, 04:34 PM

Seen the jerk and his buddy passing thru again today at the far end of the property. I guess they think that I wouldn't see them there. They're lucky I wasn't a bit closer! Oh does this burn me up! [:@] I'm wondering why there aren't any deer - it's because these a**holes are going on everyone elses property and herding them back on to theirs. Wait until next year.... I have ways of getting even
Old 12-14-2003, 08:40 AM

Heres what happens when you call a GW about tresspassers: My brother own 32 acres that he has posted and in the last few years we have been watching this really nice 10 pt. an his land, well yesterday was the last day of the PA rifle season and someone was on his land , we chased him with no confrontation at all, so we decided ta take a walk through his land, we found more hunters, in fact we even cought a guy dragging out a doe( we were mad as hell) so we got there license #'s and thought to call the GW and we told them that we have a couple hunters hunting on our posted land, they told us there is nothing they could do to call the local police. Now I thought the GC was in charge of this area or do you think they were just being lazy?
Old 12-14-2003, 09:43 AM

I believe trespassing is a police matter whether the trespassers are hunting or not. But I do believe that thr GW should have the power to do something such as give a fine or something. But I think you would need more than the backtag number to prove they were there.
I have a cigar package that probably has fingerprints - that is if I had to prove it! One of my next investments is a game cam. There won't be any disputing a photo of the trespasser!!!
Old 12-14-2003, 10:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

PA I'm not exactly sure how a game cam work's but if it flash's surer than Sh-t it either won't be there when you get back or it'll be destroyed beyond recognition. I know how it feels to have people trespassing when your hunting and it sure does destroy what should be a good evening in the wood's ,but I too wouldn't be so friendly and I would definetly call the law on them .
hopefully you can resolve this .

nubo
Old 12-14-2003, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your more giving than I would be. I would have gotten their information then kicked them the hell off my property[:@]
Old 12-14-2003, 07:07 PM

You know nothing and I mean nothing screws up a hunt like knowing that trespassers (aka poachers) are on the property. Hunting is relaxation for me and a type of escapeism from the everyday grind. When poachers are about or you hear shots on the property from somewhere that noone is SUPPOSED to be it can make the woods a whole lot darker and ruin the hunt. What to do? Run em down? Confront em? Take their gun? Police or GW generally can't help in time so you find yourself in a position that you never intended to be. That being an encounter with someone of unknown intentions who typifies the "caged animal" with potentially volatile and deadly consequences. Not my idea of relaxing and getting back to nature. From my experience I ask em to identify themselves put down the gun and assess from there. And no, once the guns are away I'm not above a little a$$ whoopin. Sorry about the rant, Gary.
Old 12-15-2003, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

matthews2003, yes tresspassing is a police matter. About 15 years ago, I was bowhunting on private property in N.J that borders public ground. I climbed a tree in my portable and when it started getting light, I could see another hunter in a tree 'bout 50 yards away! I couldn't believe it! So, I climbed down and went over to him and asked him, "Do you know that you are on private ground?" Of course he said he had no idea. Bull, because in order to get on our land from the public land, you have to climb a very steep hill and the boundry is very well marked on a map that they provide.
So, I got his hunting license # and his name and when we parted, I even drove over to where they park and got his license plate #. He was out of state from Pa. I called the game warden and they told me to call the local police and file a tresspassing charge. So I did and a court date was set. I was the 1st to tell the judge my story, the TRUTH. When it was his turn, he told the judge that he was on the public ground and I was the one that came down that steep hill and claimed he was on our land! And do you know that the judge took his word over mine, only because I didn't have a witness!!! He walked!!! I guess innocent until proven guilty. After it was over, the judge called me over and asked me how well I know the property line. I told him that I've been hunting that property for 30 years and can walk it blindfolded. WTF! So, if you catch a tresspasser and it is just you and him, make sure you take someone to court with you who will say they were a witness, eventhough they weren't!
Old 12-15-2003, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

This is probably going to make some people mad, but here goes.
My feeling on posted ground is, if you are going to post your ground for no hunting, i feel you should have to push the deer off of your land and put a big fence up, or pay a much higher property tax. And for farmers if you post your ground Sorry but no crop damage.....
Im not bashing you guys, but i think its getting to a point where it soon will ruin hunting for most of the people and they will quit hunting, and then the anti's will rise up and since there will be much less people hunting they(the anti's) will win out on the gun control and no one will be hunting, we might not see this for years and years but i bet it happens some day, I understand when people who own ground gets mad when people litter or destroy there property and i dont blame them for getting mad, but does anyone really own the deer???? please be open minded when reading this.....this is really a touchy subject and this is just my opinion...