Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

front tenderloins

Old 12-13-2003, 03:30 PM

Default front tenderloins

Sun of a gun. All these years I've taken out the back tenderloins ( tallking about the inside tenderloins, not the backstraps) and had them first, as a reward for a successful hunt etc. But what about the front tenderloins? I've never thought to pull them out. Has anyone eaten them? They are smaller but they are significant. Are they more gamey?
Old 12-13-2003, 04:06 PM

Default RE: front tenderloins

But what about the front tenderloins? I've never thought to pull them out
Say it isent so
The backstraps are the second best meat on a harvest(IMO)
Guess what the first isTHE TENDERLOINmy mouth warters just thinking about it.
I can see your hunting buddies now.....Naaa you dont want that[:'(],here give it to me and I'll get rid of it for ya
Old 12-13-2003, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

You have got me stummped. I know of only one set of tenderloins. They are located inside the body cavity at the end of the spine where it connects to the pelvic saddle.in a cattle beast this would be called Filet Mingon. Where are the "front tenderloins" I have never heard of these, I have processed lots of deer and have never heard that term before. A lot of people incorrectly call the loin(backstrap) the tender loin.
Old 12-13-2003, 06:35 PM

im puzzled as well big guy?
Old 12-13-2003, 06:50 PM

I process my own deer and if there are "front" tenderloins I don't know where they are hiding.

There are no muscles up above the diaphragm except the heart so I can't imagine where else you would be talking about.

Please enlighten me and my frying pan
Old 12-13-2003, 07:00 PM

Uh oh. Maybe I'm off base here. I was dressing out a buck today and I thought I saw two tenderloins on the inside of the rib cage just before the neck. Too late to check now. The "other" tenderloins were in the frying pan before they had a chance to cool down. We live near a nuclear plant so it must have been some kind of mutation...
Old 12-13-2003, 10:45 PM

i wish all my deer had 2 sets of tenderloins
Old 12-13-2003, 11:46 PM

he is talking about the backstraps. but i think they are bigger nad longer than the tenderloin aka filet mignion
Old 12-14-2003, 08:05 AM

Uh oh. Maybe I'm off base here. I was dressing out a buck today and I thought I saw two tenderloins on the inside of the rib cage just before the neck.
After you field dress a deer ,you will see 2 pieces of meat on either side of the back bone(we call them the inside tenderloins also)EXCELLENT MEAT[8D]
What we call the backstraps(outside tenderloins) are the one's you have to skin the deer to get to
Old 12-14-2003, 09:22 AM

I was dressing out a buck today and I thought I saw two tenderloins on the inside of the rib cage just before the neck.
The "other" tenderloins were in the frying pan before they had a chance to cool down.
We live near a nuclear plant so it must have been some kind of mutation...
1)- maybe you were tired-
2)- great choice to fri up first and fresh-
3)- you never-never know-what those emitions will do

Quick Reply: front tenderloins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.