Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trespassers,  would you do the same? >

Trespassers, would you do the same?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trespassers, would you do the same?

Old 05-22-2003, 09:27 PM

Default Trespassers, would you do the same?

When I was a kid, 13 or 14 years old, my grandmother dropped me off at our farm to go hunting. We did not live on the farm we lived in town and when I wanted to go hunting she would take me out, drop me off, and come back and get me around dark.

One evening after she left I was headed to my favorite stand with bow in hand. I looked across the wheat field to the river bottom timber and noticed a hunter in a tree stand. Trespasser. No one had permission to hunt. So, I headed toward the hunter to run him off.

About one hundred yard away from the hunter, I noticed two other hunters coming from my left. Pretty soon I had four hunters around me, all were grown men.

I asked them if they knew where they were and if they had permission to hunt. Well, they pretty much made it clear that they were going to hunt and it would be a good idea if I left.

Man, getting run off from your own place, I was mad, but I wasnt going to tangle with four grown men.

Heading back to the county road I noticed their truck. I snuck to it and let the air out of all four tires. I then went to a neighboring farm and used the phone to call the Game Ranger. He did happen to like me. I told him what had happened, and I told him they were not going anywhere. He said he would take care of them.

The next time I saw the Game Ranger he started laughing his head off and said I would not be bothered by them again, Gauranteed.

I never did run into them again.

Would you have done the same.

I hope you all dont mind this long post, but it has been kinda slow.
Have a great, and safe Memorial Weekend.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Trespassers, would you do the same?

thats tough...i would probally fought all 4 of them....im decint sized for only being 16..stronger then most grown men....and when im mad im meaner then one..but i dont know about 4..but i would still tried i bet.....i would definently told them their going to have problems if they dont leave...if they didnt and i didnt get in a fight vandalism of their truck sounds appropriate...you mess with whats mine and i mess with whats yours....i cant stand people like that.....they are what gives hunters bad names...
Old 05-22-2003, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good job!!
Old 05-23-2003, 05:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Job well done and IMO in the right way.
Old 05-23-2003, 05:59 AM

Oh yea!
Old 05-23-2003, 06:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man, I must say, you have a lot of b**ls for a youngster!!! Back when I was 14, I don' t really know what I would have done. I probably would not have confronted them in the woods knowing there was four of them.
Old 05-23-2003, 07:04 AM

I think that was perfect! Letting the air out of their tires was classic! I would have loved to hear the conversation they had with the ranger. I bet that was a hoot. I love to hear stories like this with a proper outcome.
Old 05-23-2003, 02:12 PM

I think you took the appropriate route and did well by calling the Game Warden.. On Mauser' s comments... I dont think you could have taken 4 grown men.. maybe you could have..I dont know.. but if the situation were to arise you could be killed in something like that.. If you' re 16 right now you may not have the ass to back up the comments.. Im not trying to start anything Im just saying think before you react b/c you could get hurt in something like that.. some people would rather hurt or kill to keep from being caught.
Old 05-23-2003, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

Id have to agree with Josh about mauser.....no need to fight, just call the game warden. Fighting over loaded weapons is not fun. Expecially when there are four of them. After all, thats a game wardens job and hes been trained for those situations. Leave it to them.
Old 05-23-2003, 04:09 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Trespassers, would you do the same?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.