Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 trespassers and what should we do about it >

trespassers and what should we do about it

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

trespassers and what should we do about it

Old 01-01-2005, 10:10 PM

Default trespassers and what should we do about it

after reading "ruined my hunt"

i am really concerned about all the trespassing and storys i have been hearing so i want to bounce this idea off everybody!!
================================================== ========
if you are caught trespassing and convicted or fail to show in court-- you lose your hunting privilages not only in the state you got caught in but all states for 5 years????
a kind of "black list" so to speak of law breakers,
================================================== ========
chi vang was charged with trespassing and did not appear in court, he simply bought an out of state lisc. for Wisc. to get around the law

this situation with trespassing has got to be addressed soon before more cr-p like this happens
and gives the anti's more fuel[:@]

please respond is this a good or bad idea?
thanks onebullet
Old 01-02-2005, 12:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: trespassers and what should we do about it

I don't believe it would stop tresspassing anymore that game laws stop poachers to be honest with you . Just make life more difficult for someone that normally obeys the laws if they happened to make a mistake ,but people that tresspass don't much care what the law says anyway .
Old 01-02-2005, 01:45 AM
Typical Buck

A lot of land in MT is not marked so it is eazy to get on the roung land for out of state people most. I do how ever think that there is some people move here and think they are free to do as will.I have saw more than one time people act like they cannot comunicate with gamewordens.

eye for an eye right?
Old 01-02-2005, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Trespass is not necessarily only hunting related, if the trespass occured in relation to something other than hunting, then denying hunting priveleges would be a bit far fetched. There are currently, I believe, 37 states that observe the violators compact or whatever it is called in which those convicted of game law violations in one of the participating states is barred from hunting in the others. If the trespass were to occur during a hunting related incident, then it would be reasonable to not allow that individual to buy a license in those other states. Is Wisconsin a participant? I don't know.

As for places like Montana where, as elkinmtcwb states, there is a lot of unposted land, I would suggest that concerned property owners get off their backsides and do some posting if they are truly concerned with acts of trespass. This does work two ways though in that it would force those property owners to recognise the actual limits of their property and stop trying to keep people off land they should have legitimate access to. I know that there are millions of acres of public land in the west that ranchers use for grazing purposes that they treat as if they owned it, that is not right in my belief. We have similar situations here in Georgia where individuals have bought up the available land around sections of National Forest and then denied access to those wishing to hunt, hike or fish the National forest adjacent to their private property. They have in effect stolen huge tracts of land that they now have sole access to while denying the rest of us access to what rightfully belongs to us.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:07 AM

First you have to catch them then you go to court it's then your word against theirs.
99% of the time they get off unless it includes a game violation.
So how do you prove that you caught them in the act ?
Here in NY pics. are a joke in court.
The only way we seem to be able to make it stick is by getting the state police or DEC there while the crime is still in progress.
PS: Don't say to get their hunting lic# or plate # as the judge will say you could have gotten the # any where Kmart,wally world Just because you don't like the guy or gal for some reason.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

In WV, if your land is not posted...then someone is not trespassing.

What a freakin joke.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:59 AM

Roundup all the rope in Texas and a tall oak tree, roundup all of them bad boys hang'em high in the streets.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:40 AM

I will repeat my question a little clearer

"if you are caught and convicted of tresspassing- WHILE HUNTING- should you lose the privilages"??

thanks to all who have responded so far

to pro line--same here in Mn. and must be posted every 500 feet-- i think thats the distance anyway
Old 01-02-2005, 03:43 PM

I spent alot of money to own my own land and it is properly posted, if i catch them trespassing and they have a weapon with them ie: hunting, if they do not surrender their weapon or argue while I call authorities I will drop them and sort it out in court. I have no respect for trespassers and if other owners protected their property in this manner we would have alot less trespassing (criminals). It is very sad what happened to the landowners at the hands of a trespasser Chi Vang, but what comes out of this is at least this landowners belief that I have to protect myself and my property at all costs. Trespassers be warned!
Old 01-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea you drop them in their tracks Tember. Good answer. You will start regretting that decision about the time you start spending time in prison. Onebullet I think you are on the right track. If the penelty is severe enough people might think twice before entering posted property. I would add taking a couple of thousand from their pocket book too.

Quick Reply: trespassers and what should we do about it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.