Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Atv for deer hunting?

Old 02-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kswild
It could get a whole lot worse. Believe it! But that's for another thread!
Yup, and some are predicting it will... Fer me at this point in time my best bet is to continue to buy ammo... Maybe such livestock such as chickens may be an option for me to learn about, but bigger animals would be hard to adapt my earth too. I hope to eventually dig wild duck ponds if that helps you to understand the nature of my earth.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog
Rock, I spent the fist half of my hunting life with out the aid of livestock, or machines to assist us while deer hunting. I was born in 62, and didn't buy my first wheeler until the late 80's. I'm not exactly a stranger to hunting big woods on foot, and dragging our animals out of the woods with manual labor alone.

That said, this is 2014, and adapting to the times is what it is. I'm now 51 years old, and can't drag a deer like I could at 25 years old. The conditions of hunting areas are changing all across this nation. If someone wants to stick with the way they did it 50, 40 or 30 years ago, more power to them.

I for one have chosen to adapt to the times I'm dealing with today, and for now will continue to do so. Which for me deals with new, and old methods of hunting. No horses or mules for me, but am keeping a 31 year old wheeler running to suit my needs
I hear ya. I always say I think it takes me longer to load one on than the ATV now that it used to take me to drag it to the truck.