Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Atv for deer hunting?

Old 02-08-2014, 02:35 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
Seems like it would be pretty silly for me to use a mule in my situation.

9 out of 10 hunts my 4 wheeler never leaves the back of the truck. I'm not going to load up a mule or a horse and drag it around in a tailor for 9 days just to use it for 45 minutes.

I get it as far as liking doing it that way but I don't think it makes sense to "hate" 4 wheelers. 4 wheelers are clearly more efficient in some if not most cases.

If some guy is messing up the hunting with his 4 wheeler.....well I hate that to but its not the 4 wheeler doing it.
For you yes it would be silly. For someone who has the know how not in the least. A lot of Big Game hunts that's the only way you can get there is by horseback with a pack mule but I wouldn't expect you to know about that. Oh and BTW no Cellphone service either so you would probably get lost. Might even have to camp out over night SCARY ...... just funnin with ya no offense!
Old 02-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kswild
For you yes it would be silly. For someone who has the know how not in the least. A lot of Big Game hunts that's the only way you can get there is by horseback with a pack mule but I wouldn't expect you to know about that. Oh and BTW no Cellphone service either so you would probably get lost. Might even have to camp out over night SCARY ...... just funnin with ya no offense!
IF it made sense I would do it and I do in fact have the know how. I'm not sure why you would assume you know what I know how to do like an idiot but hey........no offense just funnin with ya.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:18 PM
Typical Buck

I never seen a 4 wheeler scare from a snake or loud noise.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bbj270
I never seen a 4 wheeler scare from a snake or loud noise.
Wonder how they'd react to the smell of wolves, or black bears... And vice versa for that matter...
Old 02-08-2014, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

IF it made sense I would do it and I do in fact have the know how. I'm not sure why you would assume you know what I know how to do like an idiot but hey........no offense just funnin with ya.
You're the one that said it would be silly for you to use a mule in your situation ...I was just agreeing with you. My point was.. that too much dependence on so called modern technology could be not such a good thing. Ever followed a GPS off a cliff? You are absolutely right I know nothing about you other than what you post here. I draw my own conclusions from what I read you say. I stated my opinion that I prefer a mule in mountain country. Didn't say it was for everyone. Other than that I was just funnin with ya Really!
Old 02-08-2014, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

My atv's don't hafta be fed the 50 weeks a year I don't hunt.
RR
Old 02-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
My atv's don't hafta be fed the 50 weeks a year I don't hunt.
RR
You only hunt 2 weeks a YEAR?? You poor man. Somethings always in season round here. I don't even take off 2 weeks
Old 02-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog
Wonder how they'd react to the smell of wolves, or black bears... And vice versa for that matter...
Hey they are an early warning system ... another set of eyes and ears.. let you know somethings there. Try that with a 4 wheeler. Most mules know the smells around where they live. With them it is more the Sight of a wolf or bear than the smell. Especially if your trying to get it to walk up on a dead one.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kswild
You're the one that said it would be silly for you to use a mule in your situation ...I was just agreeing with you. My point was.. that too much dependence on so called modern technology could be not such a good thing. Ever followed a GPS off a cliff? You are absolutely right I know nothing about you other than what you post here. I draw my own conclusions from what I read you say. I stated my opinion that I prefer a mule in mountain country. Didn't say it was for everyone. Other than that I was just funnin with ya Really!
We wouldn't be having this conversation if that is what you really said now would we?

I said it wouldn't make sense for me to use a mule not that I didn't have the know how to use a mule or camp or survive without a cell phone...

Seems like you think everybody that don't do it your way is stupid and can't do anything.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:00 PM
Typical Buck

We wouldn't be having this conversation if that is what you really said now would we?

I said it wouldn't make sense for me to use a mule not that I didn't have the know how to use a mule or camp or survive without a cell phone...

Seems like you think everybody that don't do it your way is stupid and can't do anything.
Sorry.. Didn't know you were so thin skinned. "In vino veritas."

Last edited by kswild; 02-08-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.