Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Hope he puts on a lot of new bone >

Hope he puts on a lot of new bone

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hope he puts on a lot of new bone

Old 02-05-2014, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hope he puts on a lot of new bone

[ATTACH]
PHP Code:
[ATTACH]28017[/ATTACH
[/ATTACH]

I was glad to see that this young guy survived the season. I passed him up three different times this season. He is on my property and there is very little hunting pressure around me but I was worried that he may roam in front of the wrong person. I'm trying to decide if he is 1.5 or 2.5 years old. Either way he is definitely young and I am feeding a lot of protein so I hope it helps. I have several more small bucks on the property that just needs time to grow up but he is the most impressive young buck.
Attached Thumbnails Hope he puts on a lot of new bone-deer.jpg   Hope he puts on a lot of new bone-get-attachment.jpg  
Old 02-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure where your located, but with the season we've been having how much bone he may put on next year would be of minor concern for me.

Between the deep snow, cold temps, and predators (primarily wolves) my greater concern is how many animals make it to the Spring thaw.

Sorry if I seem controversial, but I'm stressing about my own concerns at this point in time... How much bone an animal puts on next year is of little matter... The buck may not make it threw the Winter in my region...
Old 02-05-2014, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog
I'm not sure where your located, but with the season we've been having how much bone he may put on next year would be of minor concern for me.

Between the deep snow, cold temps, and predators (primarily wolves) my greater concern is how many animals make it to the Spring thaw.

Sorry if I seem controversial, but I'm stressing about my own concerns at this point in time... How much bone an animal puts on next year is of little matter... The buck may not make it threw the Winter in my region...
I'm right there with ya. Not looking good at all.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:18 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog

I'm in Mississippi and yes we have had a very harsh winter by our standards but nothing like you guys go trough so him making it through our winter is not really a concern here. I hope all goes well for yall and they manage to make it through the winter!
Old 02-09-2014, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

Up here in northern Vermont we have about 8" of snow. Mild by our standards, so the deer are looking really good. I have a buck that is running on my property that looks alot like the one on the original post here. Hope he makes it. It's not legal to supplemental feed here, so we have to hope and pray for the winters to be mild.