Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Coyote Problems?

Old 01-13-2014, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

If you read any of my posts, you will learn my views on the 'yote. I shoot them on sight, no exceptions.

I don't care about their mangy hides. I urinate in the entrance wounds I inflict on them.

Yeah, ya gotta go lethal.

Do it.

And don't hesitate any more about it than you do when you fart when you're by yourself.

Don't get me wrong; just because I HATE them doesn't mean I don't RESPECT them. They are intelligent and adaptable. Think of them like whitetails that can see color and turkeys that can smell.

No matter how many of them we kill, there will always be more than enough of them to replace the loss.

Like Stonewall Jackson said: "Kill'em. Kill'em all."

Last edited by Grawlix; 01-13-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

With more and more coyotes showing up on my deer cameras I have taken up coyote hunting. I sat outside all night Friday and Saturday night with a red light mounted on my crossbow and a rabbit in distress call in my hand. Friday night after a few hours of calling I heard something barely sneaking through the woods and before it got close enough to put the light on I heard stuff start breaking as it was running off. Saturday night I was creeping around out there calling and caught a dog of some sort out of the corner of my eye coming at me like a rocket. I ran one way and it ran the other I am assuming.. I really don't want to go back out there and try it again alone on the ground haha. Can I turn off all the lights in the house and call out the window I wonder, or hang something in a tree within crossbow range of the house that I can sit and watch. I just wonder if they will come in close to the house at night. I have no pets or anything to worry about getting attacked and I would definitely feel safer calling out the window... until a bobcat or something jumps in the bedroom with me.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

If you keep calling them then scaring them off at night you are giving them a good education and they will stop coming to a rabbit squeal or any other call. Ditch the cross bow for night hunting and at least use a shot gun with # 4 buck.

We go into an area where we have seen or heard coyotes( they howl like pet dogs to sirens) in the late afternoon or very early morning. Set up our call and our selves and only call about 20 minutes to a half hour at the most. If we haven't seen any thing in that time We leave and go to a different place several miles away.

Al
Old 01-14-2014, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

they howl like pet dogs to sirens
Does the siren make them want to avoid that location? I've heard of sirens to locate them, but it seems like they would want to avoid that unnatural sound.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

They howl like many pet dogs to sirens of ambulances cops and fire dept. trucks going down the road. We use the sound as a locator which helps in future sets. Just use the call sparely.

Al