HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Coyote Problems?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 08:28 PM
kenified06
Fork Horn

With more and more coyotes showing up on my deer cameras I have taken up coyote hunting. I sat outside all night Friday and Saturday night with a red light mounted on my crossbow and a rabbit in distress call in my hand. Friday night after a few hours of calling I heard something barely sneaking through the woods and before it got close enough to put the light on I heard stuff start breaking as it was running off. Saturday night I was creeping around out there calling and caught a dog of some sort out of the corner of my eye coming at me like a rocket. I ran one way and it ran the other I am assuming.. I really don't want to go back out there and try it again alone on the ground haha. Can I turn off all the lights in the house and call out the window I wonder, or hang something in a tree within crossbow range of the house that I can sit and watch. I just wonder if they will come in close to the house at night. I have no pets or anything to worry about getting attacked and I would definitely feel safer calling out the window... until a bobcat or something jumps in the bedroom with me.