Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Your worst encounter afield with a fellow " human" >

Your worst encounter afield with a fellow " human"

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Your worst encounter afield with a fellow " human"

Old 10-01-2003, 02:47 PM
Matriarch Doe!

Default RE: Your worst encounter afield with a fellow " human"

During October I always take two weeks off for hunting. I head up into the Cascades with everything I need, including enough wood for the whole two weeks. By mid-October it' s usually started raining and dry wood is hard to find. I only have a little dinky propane heater and it gets dang cold up there, so by the time I get back to camp each night, a hot fire is all I can think of. Well, last year I hauled my little trailer up on Wednesday night (old trailer---no lights, no heat, no fridge or stove), and stacked 2-weeks worth of wood right next to it. I even set out a couple chairs and a little table with a coffee cup on it, in an attempt to make it look lived-in. I headed home and drove back up Friday morning. When I got there, I found that some guys had taken every last bit of my wood. I honestly don' t remember ever being as angry as I was at that moment! What kind of person takes somebody' s wood in the middle of October? I' m sure they didn' t know I was a woman, but I' m sure it probably wouldn' t have made a difference. I watched for my wood for a week, everytime I came upon a camp. Alot of the pieces were easy to recognize. I finally found the guys' camp the day after elk season ended. The guys were gone, but some of the wood was still there. I think maybe God didn' t let me find them because He knew it wasn' t going to be pretty and I probably would have gotten myself into trouble.
This year I' ll be hauling all my wood up with me when I head up on Friday. But if any of it disappears, I know where I' m heading first!
Old 10-01-2003, 03:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

the Time two hunters came up to me looking friendly ,then sucker punched me and kicked me in the groin. never expected it.And threw my my chair and crossbow and two of my walking canes in to the briars . They kept on cussing about my x-bow and how much of a poor excuse for a real bow hunter I am. by the time I got my canes out of the briars and retrieved my broken crossbow they were out of the woods and cut my tires.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

When I was 14 and on my first deer hunt with my father on Private Property I was still hunting and walked up on a nice Buck. Raised my gun and Bang down it went,I didn' t even feel the recoil. Cause some guy was tresspassing and shot it. Back at the house I told the Owner and rest of the hunting party what happened and they told me I should have shot him. Don' t know if they were kidding or what but back in those days, tresspassers weren' t taken so lightly in those parts of the woods.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

Man you guys experiences are horrible I have been accidently shot at but I have never heard of guys being assaulted or robbed in the while hunting in the field.What a shame what this world is coming to when the scariest thing in the woods are humans not the wildlife.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:21 PM

I guess I didn' t have it as bad as I though.......Cardeer, your story REALLY sucks.

My story is really kinda lame by comparison.

I was set up in my blind on private property. I have permission to be there, as do a " few others" whom I don' t know. It was late, getting very close to end of hunting hours. Here comes this guy walking down the trail, stops litterally 10' from my blind, drinks a cup of coffee, smokes a cigarette, talks on his cell phone, and THEN turns towards me (still 10' feet away THANK GOD) and takes a leak. [X(]I tried to stay quiet since I figured he would walk off, and any deer in the area that knew he was around, would see him leave and relax, perhaps walking by and giving me a shot. No such luck.

He sits down and lights another cigarette, more cell phone talking, it turns out he is waiting for his buddies to meet him there.

I figure it' s over for today and make my presence known.

You should have seen his face when he asked " How long have you been there?"

Bright side.....I guess my camo worked!!
Old 10-02-2003, 04:40 AM
Dominant Buck

I feel for you Cardeer ,
crossbows aren' t exactly welcomed by the archers here either , but they don' t assault you over one . I' ll be using one this year during our Late Archery season , and you can bet that nobody is gonna do that to me . I' m pretty good with the ol' skinnin' knife ... [>:]

You mentioned walking canes , does that mean that those azzholes assaulted a disabled person ? If so , may they rot in Hell !
Old 10-02-2003, 08:31 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]