Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Relieving yourself in the woods?

Old 10-02-2003, 08:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Relieving yourself in the woods?

Let it fly!
Old 10-02-2003, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why take the chance? If you can avoid it just wait till you' re out of your hunting area. If not, just dig a small hole with your boot like bucksbuddy stated and cover it up with dirt after your finished.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:55 AM

I just let it fly.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:29 AM

i just take a large topped bottle into the stand like a clamato juice bottle or welch' s bottle something you can accurately aim into. relieve the bladder into the bottle then put the cap back on and thats it. just don' t have someone else use the stand thinking its apple juice.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:38 PM

Well how about this? Since I have read all above that human urine smells or may relate to other animal urine in the woods, then why dont you just bottle up your own piss and use a pump spray to spray it back on you for a cover scent? LOL
Old 10-03-2003, 01:00 PM

I' ve done #1 countless times around my stand or way down the trail without any bad effects. I' ve even done #2 a few times close by (only because I held it in too long and could not hold it any longer) and hours afterwards have downed some deer.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:10 PM

Default Here' s My Results on " Letting it Fly"

Well, I' ve been reading all of the " LET IT FLY" replies to my original post and have been doing just that. Here what has happened so far.....

Wed. morning(I let it fly)- Had a doe and a yearling lay down 40 yards from my stand, they got up and walked away after about 45 minutes.

Wed. evening(didn' t have to go)- Saw nothing

Thurs. morning(I let it fly)- Small 8 point about 50 yards downwind from me, not spooked, but didn' t come my way.

Thursday evening(I let it fly twice)- 2 does walk 15 yards from my stand. I made a great shot on one of them, great recovery and have one less tag to fill.

I don' t think they were " attracted" to the new scent in their woods, but it did not seem to bother them. I think I will stick to letting it fly versas the pee bottles. Thanks for all of the replies.............let' s her some more!
Old 10-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Over the years, I' ve tried to spoil scrapes with it only to see bucks standing in them. I' ve watched does lcking the leaves where it hit and have concluded that it isn' t harmful to you chances of success. However, I don think that certain foods and/or medications may give it a scent that frightens deer. I' ve been fortunate so far.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think that the noise you make relieving yourself is more harmful than the scent.
I have let go right down the tree as silently as possible....and the only think that it seems to have caused on occassion is an extreme interest in the baseof the tree. I have had six points sniffing and licking the tree.....must have been the brand of coffe they like!
Old 10-05-2003, 01:28 AM
Super Moderator

All I can say is that if your a woman that hunts....you have it made. LMAO!!

disclaimer: this only works at certain times. nuff said....

Quick Reply: Relieving yourself in the woods?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.