Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Relieving yourself in the woods?

Old 09-30-2003, 10:23 PM

Default RE: Relieving yourself in the woods?

Like txhunter, I have read several articles and each one basicly summed up that human urine won' t spook deer. Just in case though, when I have to pee in the woods, I dig a small hole with my heel and then cover it up with dirt when finished. -- CDH
Old 09-30-2003, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

This sounds like a good video hunt after I tag out this year. I will put all theories to the test later this season and post my results.

The Plan:
- Drink alot of fluids.
- Get the handycam ready
- take a leak around my stand
- video the deer, if any.
- find a scrape, set up the stealth cam, pee in it, and wait.

Sounds like an interesting post to me.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:06 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-01-2003, 01:09 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-01-2003, 02:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I always use a bottle but only last week I had forgotten to put it back after washing it and didn' t realize till it was too late[:@]. Well I didn' t want to but I didn' t plan on using this spot for a few weeks again so I went off the stand. Within a half hour a spike come walking by within 5 yds of my tree, although he was up wind and sniffing he wasn' t alarmed. He must have got a wif. Still I won' t do it again but it didn' t seem to bother him.
Old 10-01-2003, 03:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

I Just go on the tree
Old 10-01-2003, 09:26 PM

Let ' er fly!
Old 10-01-2003, 10:00 PM

I' ve heard both, that it won' t bother them too much, they just smell a predator but may not be too alarmed. I know years back my Dad was going down through a clearcut and stopped to take a whiz. The odor was enough to get a buck to stand up. All the noise he made was enough to get the Buck on edge but that odor was enough to finally make him break cover. My 2 cents.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was thinkin about this...

Most people say deer can' t tell a distinction between different types of urine...human urine smells the same to them at coon urine or something...

Some people have pee' d in scrapes and then killed deer over them...

I' ve pee' d off a stand before and still seen deer...but if a deer' s sense of smell is so much better then a humans, and we can tell the difference between, human urine smell and say...racoon or fox urine, shouldn' t deer be able to tell the difference also?

Is it that they can smell a distinct " human urine" but haven' t learned to equate the smell to danger yet?
Old 10-02-2003, 08:04 AM

one time my wife and i were out checking my bait site and she had to go so on the way to the stand she let it fly . two days or so i was going to my stand as i walked by that spot there was a good size scrape . so i been thinking about useing some for my spot but don' t know if that good or bad

Quick Reply: Relieving yourself in the woods?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.