Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent Lok

Old 03-04-2013, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NebBuckHunter
Because there isn't a magical product out yet for hunter to buy to cover up their farts.

I see a business opportunity here. I'd call it:

LEAVE NO SCENT "BEHIND" - capsules for hunters full of hot air.

Now in deer-fart scent.
I'm thinking about making underwear with a carbon packet sewed right around the "danger zone."

Filter those suckers out.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you think that anything can eliminate 100% of your scent you are seriously mislead
And that's exactly what they tried to do mislead people, into thinking they could forget the wind and just hunt,that they could regenerate carbon in the dryer,and that the clothing hadn't soaked up all the scent it was going to soak up in the store before you get it home.

But their argument continues to be that wind is ALL that matters.
I have been here for years and can't remember anyone using that argument.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

It appears to me Scent Lok is trying to remove all video evidence of the bloodhound tracking event from the www. I finally found it on the third pages of search results.

Wonder why?
Old 03-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Psylocide
I'm thinking about making underwear with a carbon packet sewed right around the "danger zone."

Filter those suckers out.

We could market our products are a combo pack. I see big $$$$ here....
Old 03-05-2013, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NebBuckHunter
We could market our products are a combo pack. I see big $$$$ here....
If we could figure out some kind of noise baffle/muffler type thing, we could also market them to newly established couples or people who are out in the dating scene.

No more uncomfortable car rides or movie dates, no more holding them in until your date is just out of earshot, then just blasting away like the fog horn of a century-old lighthouse.

Yep... big bucks there.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Spike

Thank you for the welcome, NebBuckHunter. I assure you that I have zero "vested interest" in any hunting products. Just an avid hunter that is willing to keep an open mind and look for whatever tiny edge I can get (within reason of course). Honestly, I have a hard time stomaching the professional hunting industry. I haven't been able to watch a hunting show for years and have very little respect for the "hunting" that these walking billboards in camo do. My "scent reduction system" comment was probably a byproduct of being inundated with the commercial hunting world in every page I turn in every magazine I read. Can we just call it a temporary lapse in judgement?

Charlie P - we really don't need to start a war of words here, but you came on a little strong, pal. I at least need to defend myself. You've been here for years, yet can't remember anyone using that argument? I found someone on the first page of this thread. And I've heard/read a hundred more like it.
Fuhgeddaboudit
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<<<Crock Crowd.
Hunt the wind, nevermind odor...

As far as these "scent eliminating" producers misleading people, that's advertising I guess. It doesn't make it right, but I don't get angry at the company when Nike leads people to believe you can jump higher if you wear their shoes; beer companies lead people to believe you can get a prettier girl if you drink their brand; etc. We've got to be educated consumers and read between the BS for ourselves. Just because they've mislead people regarding its effectiveness it doesnt mean the stuff is useless.

The whole point I was trying to make is that if the stuff is of high quality (which I've found a lot of it to be - but you've got to do your own research), if it is silent, and if it is resonably priced (pretty much gotta shop sales for that), then I like the idea of having a little bit of scent suppresion working for me. I hope it was crystal clear that I do not rely on scent suppression. I rely on hunting the wind. But, I also try to do everything reasonable to gain any little edge I can. They're hard enough to kill as it is

If the stuff has to kill 100% of odor for you to consider it to be effective, then I agree, it is crap.
But, if you appreciate the fact that it can reduce some scent and provide even a slight advantage versus going without, then I say it's worth looking into.

NebBuckHunter, thanks again for the welcome.

Last edited by North22; 03-05-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is all PART of a scent reduction system - along with scent free shower, spraying down, scent free laundrying, rubber boots, AND most importantly, hunting the wind.
These are the parts of your routine that have at least some value. The Scent Lok suit aint doing jack ####. Of course I could care less if you want to delude yourself into believing it is working. But in reality it has about as much effect on your hunting success as a lucky hat. And the hat would only cost you 7 bucks. LOL!
Old 03-08-2013, 04:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

but you came on a little strong, pal
First thing you're not a pal of mine. If you think that's coming on strong I think you're a little sensitive.
Obviously never was the wrong word. I believe if I asked a 1,000 experienced deer hunters if scent control was an important factor I'd say 950 would say yes.

But, if you appreciate the fact that it can reduce some scent and provide even a slight advantage versus going without, then I say it's worth looking into.
If you appreciate the fact it's aborbed everything it will absorb sitting in the store and can't be regactivated by the heat of your dryer,(1472 degress Farenheit is need to do this)go ahead and buy it on sale and wear it for what it is decent camo clothing at a high price. I think the advantage is psychlogical which can be important in the woods, confidence is a key factor.

If I bought Gortex clothing and when it rained I got soaked I wouldn't say it just advertising/marketing it's ok.

Last edited by Charlie P; 03-08-2013 at 04:16 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Charlie P
First thing you're not a pal of mine. If you think that's coming on strong I think you're a little sensitive.
Obviously never was the wrong word. I believe if I asked a 1,000 experienced deer hunters if scent control was an important factor I'd say 950 would say yes.

If you appreciate the fact it's aborbed everything it will absorb sitting in the store and can't be regactivated by the heat of your dryer,(1472 degress Farenheit is need to do this)go ahead and buy it on sale and wear it for what it is decent camo clothing at a high price. I think the advantage is psychlogical which can be important in the woods, confidence is a key factor.

If I bought Gortex clothing and when it rained I got soaked I wouldn't say it just advertising/marketing it's ok.
Hey pal.

ASk a trapper if scent control is an issue.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Todd1700
These are the parts of your routine that have at least some value. The Scent Lok suit aint doing jack ####. !
So naked would result in the same experience?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.