Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sunday Hunting

Old 12-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Start a facebook group...or join one.... to end sunday hunting.

I hunt sat/sun more than any other days, like most people.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by salukipv1
stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Start a facebook group...or join one.... to end sunday hunting.

I hunt sat/sun more than any other days, like most people.
I second this...Either that or pack up and move on..
Old 12-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya think god started out with the same calender we use....really.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

Like I said before, go hunt in another state. Oh, wait most of them you would have to buy property in. Land owners can just filter out the Sunday hunters if they don't want it. Sure, farmers have all the time in the world in the fall. Hundreds, possibly thousands of farms have a deal with the Pa. game Commission to leave their land open to hunt. A large majority have threatened to leave this program and close their farms to hunting if this law is passed. Not close to Sunday hunting, close to hunting. You don't hear any complaints from Sunday hunting states? Did anybody ever take a survey? If it is such a popular idea why is it that you Sunday hunting guys have to twist facts and declare that everybody's rights are being infringed on? Then there is the old "all us guys got to stick together" excuse. I have some common sense and I don't jump on a bandwagon just because some guys can't get their way or the younger generation has to be coerced into going hunting. We don't hunt deer with dogs here in Pa. and we don't hunt on Sundays. That is just the way it is.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:53 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
I live in Pa. and over the years have had a lot of hunting seasons when I could barely get out. Well that is tough &%$#. If you can't get out other than a Sunday, too bad that is the way it is. I live in 5-C but do not often hunt here. A whole lot of Pa. is special regulations like 5-C and it is a zoo the first day and Saturdays. Aside from giving the deer a break, what about giving people that do not hunt a break? A lot of people around here don't hunt but have nothing against it. Yet. It is greedy self centered people like you "Want to hunt Sunday" guys that will cause more damage to the sport of hunting than poachers. It is almost impossible to find a spot to hunt in 5-C yet I have had one or two non-hunters invite me to hunt on their property as the result of light conversation ( Me telling deer stories) at holiday get-togethers. Right there is the whole argument in Pa. The farmers don't want to be bothered on Sundays and I can't blame them. People with huntable property don't want to be bothered on Sundays. Most threaten to close their property to hunting permanently if the Sunday hunting thing is passed. It (Sunday Hunting) will cause more conflict than it is worth. Pro Sunday hunting people are a minority in Pa. so just leave it alone, or better yet just leave and hunt in one of your "Preferred" states.

W.V. Guy, I have been hunting down there for over 20 years and there was never a state wide O.K. to hunt Sunday law.

After reading that comment you can tell that he's an Obama loving, LIBERAL butthead!!!!!
Old 12-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I support increased Sunday hunting.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:48 AM
Typical Buck

theres nothing wrong with hunting on sunday at all. I remember when new york started to allow it. the best thing they ever did. If they didnt allow that my oldest son never would have hunted. He wrestled and had practice every day after school and tournaments/ meets on saturday, That gave me sunday to hunt with him. you have to leave church out of this argument cause that is your choice, as far as the farmers thier property their rules but that is bs too. There is enough federal and state labd out there that people dont need to hunt on the farmers property. After a couple of years the farmers will be complaining about all the damage to thier crops they will let hunters back in.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Fork Horn

Virginia Game and Inland Fisheries endorses Sunday Hunting!

I as a land owner in Northern Virginia feel that I should be able to hunt on my own property or allow others to hunt on my property any day of the week including Sunday! I do not appreciate anyone (conservatives, liberals, RINOs, tree huggers, Republicans, Democrats or Independents) placing these preposterous limitations in the enjoyment of my own property!

http://www.biggamehunt.net/news/virg...sunday-hunting
Old 12-22-2011, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

"I don't like Sunday hunting, therefore I will not hunt on Sunday."

-or-

"I don't like Sunday hunting, therefore nobody should be allowed to hunt on Sunday."

One of those thoughts is rooted in freedom, the other is not.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
............Then there is the old "all us guys got to stick together" excuse. ..........

..........We don't hunt deer with dogs here in Pa. and we don't hunt on Sundays. That is just the way it is.
Oxymoron or hypocritical?

Make up your mind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.