Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sunday Hunting

Old 12-20-2011, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default Sunday Hunting

Sunday hunting is not allowed in Connecticut. I am not for this law and have written our elected officials about this ad nauseum. I believe this attitude (on the part of our lawmakers) stems from the fact that CT still had many 'Blue Laws' on the books and politicians will appear 'morally loose' (my term) if they try to support repealing Sunday prohibition on hunting.

Wondering what you think about Sunday hunting and if it's allowed in your neck-o-the-woods.

-- Rob
Old 12-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

Not allowed in Virginia. It should be. End of my part of the discussion.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

Sunday hunting was originally enacted for two reasons. 1- It was a religious issue with churches. 2- Some believed it gave the wildlife a days of rest.

Both arguement are faulty. It exists in some states today simply due to pressure from the churches. Their agrument is it will increase Sunday attendance. It does not. If on does not wish to hunt on Sunday for a religious belief, then they simply should not hunt. Were it enacted where I live, I would continue to hunt if I so chose.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never made a bit of sense to me. We can hunt and now we can buy alcohol on Sunday. Oddly enough here in the west we can't buy a car on sunday.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

I have hunted Tennessee, Kentucky and Indiana and never experienced this prohibition. How quaint
Old 12-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

I hunt NY and PA
NY doesnt have Sunday Ban
PA does
Am completely against outdated ban,
if one is against hunting on sundays then dont hunt on sunday
i wont force you to hunt on sunday
as long as you you dont try to ban me from hunting on sunday
Old 12-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Palehorse
I have hunted Tennessee, Kentucky and Indiana and never experienced this prohibition. How quaint
Being born and raised for 50 of my years in Indiana I can remember back when you could not hunt on Sundays in Indiana. I do not hunt on Sundays as that is my day of worshiping my Lord and Saviour but I don't support the law prohibiting Sunday hunting. God gave everyone a free will to decide for themselves if they should hunt on Sunday or not.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

In Ohio it is legal to hunt, In PA it is illegal. I Personally do not care either way, I do not typically hunt on sundays though.
-Jake
Old 12-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

Sunday is normally the day that most folks finally have the time to get in a good hunt without all of the hassle IMO..
Old 12-20-2011, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

I normally don't hunt on Sundays, however there are times that we cancel church due to deaths and to bad weather then I will go hunting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.