Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

pisses me off

Old 11-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by White-tail-deer
Any landowner has had a situation like this happen: Landowner is out hunting, landowner runs across a trespasser, Landowner: what are you doing here, this is private property, Trespasser: I'm tracking a deer I hit.

When you hear it enough times and no sign of any hit deer anywhere, you become skeptical.
Or worse. Check out the "someone is hunting over my land" thread. That's the kind of garbage many landowners put up with--and put up with more than a couple of times before the well-intentioned hunter knocks on the door and wants to get his deer on the private property.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Michlw39
Or worse. Check out the "someone is hunting over my land" thread. That's the kind of garbage many landowners put up with--and put up with more than a couple of times before the well-intentioned hunter knocks on the door and wants to get his deer on the private property.
Exactly!
Hunters are their own worst enemy!
You got guys who trash property!
Guys who trash talk each other, trying to have less pressure!
Guys who just trespass!
Guys using nails and screw in steps on trees!
Guys who run ATVs anywhere,park anywhere,shoot anything!
And unfortunatly after awhile the landowner just has enough and STOPS anyone from using his property!
If this kinda crap had never started and people showed respect,there would be more private land open for all of us!
WE LOST the respect of landowners, because of guys that do things like this,and we will NEVER get it back UNTIL we earn it!!

Last edited by wvnimrod; 11-26-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

i sometimes hunt property that is adjacent to a huge place that is owned by a bunch of anti-hunters; they absolutely will not let a hunter track wounded deer on their property.

A high shoulder shot does the trick in a situation like this. It drops the deer in its tracks.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by gunchamp
You say you drive 2 hours to your location, I walk over 1 1/2 hours to get to my hunting stand.
Well, if you have a four wheeler, that is pretty ignorant.

Wanting to ride my children around my property has nothing to do with being lazy. Its called working 50+ hours a week and not having enough time to drive away from my property..
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. You can always make time for the things in your life that are important. Guess you just want to hit the recliner and have a beer. Got to have priorities.

Keep buying up land for yourselves and keep making it harder for working guys like myself to find good areas to hunt. Thanks.
Why do you presume me not to be a working stiff just like you. I get up everyday and go to work. No entitlements here. I wasn't born with a golden spoon in my mouth but that wasn't my excuse for not getting ahead in life. I have earned everything in my life to include 266.5 acres of land. You are lazy or you could have done the same. Instead, you opted to be a whiner, not a winner.

If you were paying attention, my very first post was that I would have allowed the hunter to get his deer but I am all about my rights as a landowner.

Last edited by J.M.A.N.; 11-29-2010 at 07:03 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm a landowner. I have absolutely zero problem with somebody recovering their deer. Have helped recover with them many times. But I'm also a fellow hunter to them. People have to understand not all landowners are hunters (not sure in this case). So heres a guy that owns a bunch of land. Doesn't hunt. Doesn't know anything about deer or hunters or hunting in general. Could really care less about your deer that is on his land. Simply doesn't want you on something he owns. He equates it to you walking in his kitchen for a glass of water. Do I agree with him not letting you get your deer? No. But I'm a hunter and think differently. Again... not sure if this applies to this situation, but it is out there. Some landowners just don't care about it.