Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

pisses me off

Old 11-26-2010, 09:51 AM
Spike

Default network card

what is the network card
------------------------
network card
Old 11-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Michlw39
(AGAIN) another person misses the point about border hunting. It's not about "cutting off deer," which is perfectly fine and legal. It's about SHOOTING A DEER THAT HAS NO REASONABLE EXPECTATION OF STAYING ON PUBLIC LAND WHEN WOUNDED.

Jesus.

If you can drop it on public land, do whatever the hell you want. If you can't, you should reconsider where you're hunting.

The. End.

I think the point I was tring to make was missed by you..... My main point was things happen whether a bad hit or a good one and the deer just refuses to go down and travel a far distance so in a reallity hunting at least X amount of yrds from the property line is not going to solve anything in this case.

And like a said if we where all MASTER HUNTERS like some claim to be ( not saying you just by looking at some of the posts) the deer would just fall over dead with every shot. But we all know that just doesn't happen all the time.

It is pretty bad when a landowner feels the need to group everyone in the same pot.

As I said before if a person will take the time to ask that shows me they respect my property.

I will say owning hunting ground can be a pain at times but that mean I have to be an ass all the time?? NO!!

At the end of the day it's YOUR land and you can do what you want. But what I have a problem with is the reasoning of some landowners that if one thing goes wrong everyone is a bad hunter with no ethics, which isn't the case.

And is also seems the main problem the landowners are complaining about is public hunting ground that boarders theres. Well some don't have the means to buy or lease hunting ground and they have no choice but to hunt public ground. Should they be looked down on just for that simple fact??? I just seems these landowners what the public ground to be private casue they boarder it.

This is just a topic that most are going to have to agree to disagree because there is no completely right or wrong answer with a lot of grey areas.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:25 AM
Spike

After reading all of these posts it finally proves to me what I've thought for a while. Most landowners are dics. I've always been for landowners rights above all else but this makes me rethink things. I'm for freedom and country but some of you guys are rediculous. Maybe the government should taxe the living hell out of you people if you decide that no one is ever going on your property. There should be no question that the hunter should be able to retrieve his or her deer. All the more reason to just go get your game and pretty much say screw the ignorant land owner that decides to be a jackoff. Once again, I'm for freedoms but if this is how its going to work, I'll be looking the other way when it comes to posted signs. All the land around me keeps getting posted, soon wont be any area to hunt around my house. I've asked land owners and its always the same answer. I guess there is something the dems are right about, rich people taking things for themselves, screw the rest of us. Its sad!
Old 11-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default Wow what a thread

Gosh this is really getting people fired up and I'd sure let everyone know my opinion as well. First off I hunt the family farm here in Nebraska and there is no public ground boardering any of it. However from my experience of the public ground around the area I really find myself leaning towards not letting anyone on our ground. As mentioned many times already there have been plenty of idiots that have just completely ruined for the honest hunter. I've just gotten to the point where I post all our ground with no trespassing signs heavily and if I catch anyone shooting off road, etc. THEIR DONE. I don't mean this like a hard a$$ I'm just so sick and tired of poachers and road hunters. However if an honest person came up and honestly shot it on public ground and not across the fence on mine then I would be happy to go look for the deer for them.
Its unfortunate that unhonest people have ruined it for honest people in my opinion. Can't trust anyone anymore seems like and thats not the way the sport should be however it is. Had a 199 inch non typical shot off the road on our property and it ran on to neighbors property and died. Neighbors didnt want to charge them with anything and wasnt much I could do. DISGUSTING!!! Nough said. makes me mad as heck just thinking about it so to all you road hunters.............well use your imagination at what I'd like to say. See this thread really got some peoples blood pumpin. Nice
Old 11-26-2010, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

Its no sport to me its a way of life.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

NEBRbruiser: You hit what I was tring to say right on the head. If a hunter takes the time to ask and they have never been caught tresspassing then why punish them? They ARE doing the RIGHT thing. Also I agree with you on tresspassing they should be turned in to the sherriff or whatever so the word gets out you won't tolerate this type of thing.

I have permission to hunt some ground near my house. The landowner is married to my dads cousin and they don't live around here so the landowners son and grandson over see it. There are only 3 people that have permission to hunt this ground the grandson, his friend and me. Well everytime there is a problem out there I get blamed for it in a round about way and have to explain over an over what my side of the story is. In the past 4 weeks I haven't even been out there and had 6 phone calls asking me if I had taken so and so hunting out there or was I driving my truck back there and the list goes on and on and I keep telling him I haven't been back there in a month. So as soon as I get time to get back there and get my stand I will let him know what I think about the BS!

It's people like this I look at and say I will not do someone else like that.

This is how I feel about it you treat me right and follow the rules and will in turn do the same.

I have no tresspassing signs on my property too but I also have my phone number on it also just in case someone needs to get a hold of me. Yea I get I few calls wanting to hunt the ground which the answer is no, but I give a person every chance to get ahold of me before they tresspass so there should be no questions if they are caught.

I know landowners that seem to sit around 24/7 just waiting for something to happen. To me it just ain't worth it! I know I can't stop everyone but it is well known that if I catch someone they will get turned in to the law. I am not being a hard ass in doing this all it takes is a phone call and if a person is on the up and up they will take the time to either call or come to my house.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MizzouMonster
I'm 51. I own two different acreages in different counties. I believe trespassing is wrong for nearly any reason, including deer retrieval. I'm guessing those who see trespassing as no big deal don't own land. They have nothing invested and obviously don't respect the rights of others. It's all about them.
46 here...Excellent Post...it is really easy to see who has "earned" there way in life and those who have "entitled" themselves.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
And not for a doe?

By the way - it's not YOUR DEER until you legally recover it.
Break the law and not only is it not your deer, you are a poacher as well - not that would bother several here. They are "entitled" to THEIR DEER, regardless of little things like laws and landowners rights.
Thank you,
Was frustrating to see the ITS MY DEER replies,
Wildlife is OURS not mine or yours,
You van only legally take posesion of such wildlife when you abide by all game laws.
Violating laws to take posesion of game is poaching no matter how they try to justify it.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by gunchamp
After reading all of these posts it finally proves to me what I've thought for a while. Most landowners are dics. I've always been for landowners rights above all else but this makes me rethink things. I'm for freedom and country but some of you guys are rediculous. Maybe the government should taxe the living hell out of you people if you decide that no one is ever going on your property. There should be no question that the hunter should be able to retrieve his or her deer. All the more reason to just go get your game and pretty much say screw the ignorant land owner that decides to be a jackoff. Once again, I'm for freedoms but if this is how its going to work, I'll be looking the other way when it comes to posted signs. All the land around me keeps getting posted, soon wont be any area to hunt around my house. I've asked land owners and its always the same answer. I guess there is something the dems are right about, rich people taking things for themselves, screw the rest of us. Its sad!
Grow up..........landowners aren't taking anything, they paid handsomely for what they have. Even hilly, brush ground cost's $1,800 an acre these days and that's if it's out in the boonies where people aren't interested in building homes. Plus taxes and improvements, it's quite an investment. I'm pretty sure you'd see it differently if it was your money that bought the land.

And with that, I'm through with this thread.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Amazing - another who feels owed.

Originally Posted by gunchamp
I'm for freedom and country but some of you guys are rediculous.
No you are not - you support freedom as long as it doesn't inconvenience you and you get your "entitlement".

Maybe the government should taxe the living hell out of you people if you decide that no one is ever going on your property.
Yep - force those who have earned it to give it to those who have not.

There should be no question that the hunter should be able to retrieve his or her deer.
Most do allow access within their set of rules. Those that don't have the right and non criminal types will respect it. Again, it is not your deer until you legally revover and tag it.

All the more reason to just go get your game and pretty much say screw the ignorant land owner that decides to be a jackoff. Once again, I'm for freedoms but if this is how its going to work, I'll be looking the other way when it comes to posted signs. All the land around me keeps getting posted, soon wont be any area to hunt around my house. I've asked land owners and its always the same answer. I guess there is something the dems are right about, rich people taking things for themselves, screw the rest of us.
Says it all about you. Anyone interferring in your entitlement to take and go whever you want is an ignorant jackoff. Proof is you admit to ignoring posted signs because it's your right to take what others have earned. That you are a democrat supporter comes as nor surprize.

Its sad! Yes - your attitude certainely is sad - and reflects the direction the country is headed - straight downhill.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.