Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Anybody have to look away as their deer dies? >

Anybody have to look away as their deer dies?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anybody have to look away as their deer dies?

Old 11-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

last gun season i gut shot a doe that i never found. i felt pretty bad about that. more mad at myself for making a piss pour shot. ive harvested many deer and other animals and have always thanked the good lord for allowing me to take the animal for food.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kswild
What salty old Kswild feel sad? Hey if you want truthful answers without sugar coating to the tough questions you can always count on Kswild to deliver. Because the truth and reality are always a little on the harsh side. It's called being a MAN. I can not tell you how many times I wish the grown ups I looked up to would have been straight and told me the plain hard truth of things instead of sugar coating things. Even if the truth hurts, the truth is always best. I don't get sad butchering a hog that I kill why would I a deer? They are food. Deer are beautiful animals in the wild and put on this earth for us to eat. If I had these guilty feelings for killing them I would not hunt. I will not apologize for being the predator that I am. Salt and all!
Live it up! Doug
nicely said!couldnt agree more.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Fork Horn

Not me but I do believe its a personal thing between me and the deer
Old 11-04-2010, 12:13 PM
bigcountry

I just wanted to make sure you know that I'm not putting you down for what you feel. Undoubtedly I will get flamed for being kinda harsh but really I'm just seasoned to the fact that such is life and death. If I cause the death of an animal I want to see it through and celebrate the life giving meat of the harvest that this animal provides. I just feel I owe the animal that. I not saying that you should like that part of it. Having compassion for the animals you hunt is a good thing. Have a good season!
Live it up! Doug
So I am curious, one day when your holding the hand of a loved on in the hospital, you going to look at em and tell em how your well seasoned on life and death and tell em, everybody got to die sooner or later? Or a good dog?

I wouldn't really call you "a MAN", but more what we call a "blowhard". Very common creature you can find in many drinking establishments when folks had too much to drink. As they leave, they pound thier chest so pround and tell everyone, "I call it the way I see it".

Old 11-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
So I am curious, one day when your holding the hand of a loved on in the hospital, you going to look at em and tell em how your well seasoned on life and death and tell em, everybody got to die sooner or later? Or a good dog?

I wouldn't really call you "a MAN", but more what we call a "blowhard". Very common creature you can find in many drinking establishments when folks had too much to drink. As they leave, they pound thier chest so pround and tell everyone, "I call it the way I see it".
Sorry I don't drink but nice try. You fight with everyone here while claiming to be a christian. You appear more like a trouble maker **** starter. And yes I'm calling that just like I see it. I've seen it in all your posts and so has everyone else. Beside the fact the you rarely make any sense you must be the one drinking. You can call me whatever you like. You are not relevant in my world or anyone else's!
Live it up! Doug
Old 11-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Typical Buck

After reading through these post I again realize what is wrong with this country, a lot of the population has gotten to soft! Thats calling it the way it is and it's really sad......
Old 11-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by *twodogs*
Doug,

I am curious, how is that statement not condescending? Reading it I would say you put down the OP because he feels a certain way but then you half heartedly tried to explain away the comment in other post.

Just because he feels remorse and decides to look away, how does that justify your comment? You may lack those feelings or fail to recognize them (not sure which one it is, hopefully the later) but just because others have them, to judge them as people who lack respect for the animal they kill is very short sighted.

Another poster said it very well when he mentioned not having an audience when he dies. Death is not as black and white as you have painted it my friend!
The quote by me you posted are not statements they are questions. I have never done anything Half heartedly in my life. I stand by everything I have said. The OP ask a question... I answered... I don't expect,want, or need people to agree with me( as some here have) it is a straight forward answer. If you have any questions about where I'm coming from read the whole thread. It is really revealing as you can see the people who have a hard time handling the truth. Like it or not that's just how it is.
Live it up! Doug
Old 11-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Typical Buck

Now the question to twodogs is if you feel that way why did you delete your post!
Live it up! Doug
Old 11-04-2010, 01:39 PM
bigcountry

Sorry I don't drink but nice try. You fight with everyone here while claiming to be a christian. You appear more like a trouble maker **** starter. And yes I'm calling that just like I see it. I've seen it in all your posts and so has everyone else. Beside the fact the you rarely make any sense you must be the one drinking. You can call me whatever you like. You are not relevant in my world or anyone else's!
Live it up! Doug
Is that right blowhard? pound that chest and brag to us about how you are so much more than any of us. Its fun to hear.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:41 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by PY Antlers
After reading through these post I again realize what is wrong with this country, a lot of the population has gotten to soft! Thats calling it the way it is and it's really sad......
Explain to us how your so hard? And so much tougher. It will be fun to hear your accomplishments in life that make you such the tough guy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.