Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Anybody have to look away as their deer dies? >

Anybody have to look away as their deer dies?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anybody have to look away as their deer dies?

Old 11-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

I didn't have to explain it to them, to anybody that believes in the Bible there is no need to. Show emotion for the death of a loved one? The only reason anybody does that is out of there own self pity because they have to go on with there life without them. So to answer your question, no.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:15 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by PY Antlers
I didn't have to explain it to them, to anybody that believes in the Bible there is no need to. Show emotion for the death of a loved one? The only reason anybody does that is out of there own self pity because they have to go on with there life without them. So to answer your question, no.
Ok, so let me get this correct. You come on here and explain when mother and grandpa died, you showed no emotion? And then to add to that, you imply that anyone that believes in the Bible should show no emotion ever. Correct? Just want everyone to see how distant you are from normal folks on this board. I think you have done a fantastic job as doing it so far. Thanks

What is rather interesting is this is the same wackjob stuff that Tom Cruise and rest of the scientologist claim. Congrads. You guys got lots in common.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:18 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by kswild
I'm sorry we let Bigcountry hijack your thread.

One thing for sure, your sorry. Congrads, blowhard.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
One thing for sure, your sorry. Congrads, blowhard.
Sober up.
Live it up! Doug
Old 11-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

The worst one I had was... A buck was in his bed and I felt the only shot I would have before he bolted was a head shot. Just as I shot he started to jump up and I shot his lower jaw off! His tongue was flopping around, blood every where, you get the pic. As quickly as I could I finished him with another shot. Only about 5 sec. but that was too long. Haven't tried a head shot since.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats kswild, you have your man card! You are such a manly man. No regrets, no hard feelings, and no emotion. If only the entire world could be such a strong willed man. Pound that chest. You are the man.

Likewise to the others that came out with the "I feel no sorrow" line. You get your man card! Brag to your buddies how "strong" you are.

You know its usually the ones that are most insecure that get sucked into these type of roles and false mindsets. I laugh at these types and steer clear of them.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by fingerz42
Congrats kswild, you have your man card! You are such a manly man. No regrets, no hard feelings, and no emotion. If only the entire world could be such a strong willed man. Pound that chest. You are the man.

Likewise to the others that came out with the "I feel no sorrow" line. You get your man card! Brag to your buddies how "strong" you are.

You know its usually the ones that are most insecure that get sucked into these type of roles and false mindsets. I laugh at these types and steer clear of them.
Oh my!!! You saw right through me! I'm soooooooo insecure. Hahahaha you couldn't be more wrong. But I have nothing to prove to you. Take what I say or leave what I say it matters not to me.
Live it up! Doug
Old 11-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Fork Horn

I just posted a simple question to get an idea of how others felt when killing a deer. Whether they shared the same feelings as I and in the midst of their excitement, did feel a touch of sadness (not remorse or regret) for taking the life of one of their favorite creatures, or if they could do with no sympathy at all. I think the "If you don't feel sad you are calloused/have something wrong with you" theory is completely untrue. I can understand that mindset, i just don't share it. I mean after all, you did set out to kill a deer so why should you feel sad when you accomplish your goal? That makes sense to me. It's just not how things work for me individually.

On the other hand, because me and a few of the others DO have a soft spot for these creatures, I don't think that makes us any less of a "man" than the guys who don't. I don't think we are the reason that "this country has gone downhill" or that we are mentally weak. Like all of you, when I start walking to the stand I go with a mindset that I want to kill a deer. If I accomplish this goal I am happy, especially if it is a clean and ethical kill. If the deer suffers then I am still happy that I accomplished my goal, but it does make me feel slightly saddened that I didn't make a better shot and finish the kill more quickly/painlessly.

I feel like my question has been taken out of context. If you can watch a deer die with no feelings other than joy, then that is great. Do I think it makes you more manly or "tough?" No.... Same with the softies. Because you feel that way I don't think you should be classified as weak. In closing, I don't feel the need to justify myself to anyone via a message board, and neither should anyone else. I was just asking this question to get an idea of how most people felt when harvesting an animal.... Enough with the tough guy internet fights.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Maddog10
Don't get me wrong, I love hunting and nothing makes me more happy than filling up the freezer each winter. I have shot numerous deer and luckily most of them have dropped right in their tracks and died or only made it a short distance and died quickly. A couple years ago however I shot a buck, and while he dropped right in his tracks, it took him probably two minutes to fully die. I put a good shot on him but it just took a little while. For those two minutes though he kicked and whined and I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. Like I said before, i love hunting and my conscience hasn't stopped me from it yet, but out of respect for the animal I sometimes have to look away as they die. Just wondering if anyone else feels this way or if I'm a loner? lol...

3 things you need to do in order to get past this:

1.) Get yourself a nice " DULL" knife
2.) Jump out of that treestand and run over to your deer
3.) Take that "DULL" knife out and cut that deers throat

As the warm blood pumps out of his throat and runs down your hands and you swear you can still feel the beat of his heart within the blood it's so fresh. Then as the buck is thrashing around, groaning and even sqeeling look into his eyes as they slowly glaze over gray as death fills his body were life once did.

If this does not help, maybe you should not be hunting ???

Livingston County Killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Nalgi
The worst one I had was... A buck was in his bed and I felt the only shot I would have before he bolted was a head shot. Just as I shot he started to jump up and I shot his lower jaw off! His tongue was flopping around, blood every where, you get the pic. As quickly as I could I finished him with another shot. Only about 5 sec. but that was too long. Haven't tried a head shot since.

BEST ONE YET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEY THIS IS FOR YOU, READY ???

BANG !!!!OH MY GOD !!!!!! MY FREAKIN JAW AAAAAHHHHHHH !!!!! LMAO LMAO

Livingston County Killer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by bhchunting; 11-04-2010 at 10:46 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.