Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Butchering deer for xtra cash? >

Butchering deer for xtra cash?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Butchering deer for xtra cash?

Old 11-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Spike

Steve - here is the definition of hunting. Show me where it says anything about butchering an animal as being part of hunting. By definition, hunting ends at the point of the kill. Do you have any other words that you make up your own definition for?

hunt  /hʌnt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [huhnt] Show IPA
–verb (used with object) 1. to chase or search for (game or other wild animals) for the purpose of catching or killing.
2. to pursue with force, hostility, etc., in order to capture (often fol. by down): They hunted him down and hanged him.
3. to search for; seek; endeavor to obtain or find (often fol. by up or out): to hunt up the most promising candidates for the position.
4. to search (a place) thoroughly.
5. to scour (an area) in pursuit of game.
6. to use or direct (a horse, hound, etc.) in chasing game.
7. Change Ringing. to alter the place of (a bell) in a hunt.

–verb (used without object) 8. to engage in the pursuit, capture, or killing of wild animals for food or in sport.
9. to make a search or quest (often fol. by for or after).
10. Change Ringing. to alter the place of a bell in its set according to certain rules.

–noun 11. an act or practice of hunting game or other wild animals.
12. a search; a seeking or endeavor to find.
13. a pursuit.
14. a group of persons associated for the purpose of hunting; an association of hunters.
15. an area hunted over.
16. Change Ringing. a regularly varying order of permutations in the ringing of a group of from five to twelve bells.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by deerchump
By definition, hunting ends at the point of the kill. Do you have any other words that you make up your own definition for?

If it ends at the kill why does every state I know of require the hunter to bring the deer out of the woods? With your definitions hunting is basically chasing down an animal, killing it and be done with it. We all know there is more to it than that. Pulling definitions out of Webster's dictionary does little to what hunting from its beginnings was all about.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by teedub31
Murder/Manslaughter/Justified Self defense killings are in totally different realms of law compared to non violent criminal acts like poaching and tax evasion. You can never justify poaching or tax evasion on any grounds that can be taken seriously.
I thought you said the law was the law and we cant cant pick and choose which ones to obey. now you say its ok as long its in a "different realm" (I hear wheels spinning)
Old 11-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
So going further is that income reported on schedule C as a small business or Schedule D as a hobbiest. Hint one allows for a loss.
And as I said if you are doing schedule C and continue to show a loss year after year after year, you are either a liar or a failure at your own business because it is bankrupt.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
I thought you said the law was the law and we cant cant pick and choose which ones to obey. now you say its ok as long its in a "different realm" (I hear wheels spinning)

You are insinuating that I would kill someone??? Now as far as the going out the backdoor upon a breakin, well only two people will know wether I attempted to leave or not. Me and the perp laying in a pool of his own blood. Now if you want to tell on yourself go right ahead.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Typical Buck

I paid around $80 for both of mine. The first one I had someone show me how to skin it, the second one I was with my grandfather and it was only $10 extra to have it skinned at the processing place.

I'd really like to know how to butcher them. So far I haven't had anyone who will take the time to show me, and I'd hate to go it alone and risk spoiling the whole animal.

I'm hunting this Saturday, and I have an uncle who knows how to butcher who will be hunting to. I'll probably call him up and ask him if he'll give me instructions while I try it for the first time if either of us get a deer.