Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Butchering deer for xtra cash? >

Butchering deer for xtra cash?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Butchering deer for xtra cash?

Old 11-11-2009, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Steve863
I am not calling them non hunters just incomplete hunters. Out of all the occupations and pursuits out there for man throughout history, hunters and farmers have been the ones who have been known as providers of food to mankind. A farmer that raises animals or crops knows how to bring what he grows to the table. I can't say that the same for many hunters who like the killing part, but the rest they don't seem to have any interest in.

This is an exact quote from one of your earlier posts

"In my mind the only people worthy of the name "hunter" are the ones who can handle to job after the deer is on the ground"

From that statement anyone with any skills in logic can plainly see that you don't see anyone that does not butcher their own harvest as a hunter. Your incomplete hunter statement is just an attempt to cover your put down of the majority of the people on this board.

As far as farmers go, not sure what farmers you know, but the ones in east central Indiana don't know how to bring crap to the table as you say. Hardly any of them have any idea what it takes to make soybeans and field corn into any type of product that is able to be consumed by the public. They just plant, harvest and deliver it to a grain mill so that it can be processed by big food into the poison knows as high fructose corn syrup. Guess these guys are not farmers are they??
Old 11-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
Actually the thread was supposed to be about any possible experiences butchering deer as a side job, then it morphed into tax collection, indians and ATVs but please tell me whats "asinine' about doing your own butchering, and why you think its only for the unemployed? FYI I work 6 days a week and find plenty of time to hunt, do household chores, and butcher my own deer, and probably a few others which is why I asked in the 1st place.

As a side business a person is by law required to report all income. Now my posts were not so much about tax collection as it was a satire on following the law. Would you ever harvest a deer illegally??? I am sure your response is no and would have valid reasons for it and villify anyone that breaks any hunting law. Now will you report the due taxes on your side business of butchering or ignore that law and encourage others to do the same. If the answer is yes the you invalidate your views on hunting ethics and rules. You can't pick and choose the laws you wish to follow.

And if you say you are not making money from butchering, then you are either lying or a poor business man.

Butcher deer I don't care. In fact I encourage anyone that wants to take on their own financial independence. Just do so legally.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by teedub31
This is an exact quote from one of your earlier posts

"In my mind the only people worthy of the name "hunter" are the ones who can handle to job after the deer is on the ground"

From that statement anyone with any skills in logic can plainly see that you don't see anyone that does not butcher their own harvest as a hunter. Your incomplete hunter statement is just an attempt to cover your put down of the majority of the people on this board.

As far as farmers go, not sure what farmers you know, but the ones in east central Indiana don't know how to bring crap to the table as you say. Hardly any of them have any idea what it takes to make soybeans and field corn into any type of product that is able to be consumed by the public. They just plant, harvest and deliver it to a grain mill so that it can be processed by big food into the poison knows as high fructose corn syrup. Guess these guys are not farmers are they??

Someone else injected the word "non hunter" into this thread so I just repeated their terminology. To me a "non hunter" is someone who doesn't hunt at all, so I can't call someone who doesn't butcher their own deer a "non hunter". But I can and WILL call them an incomplete hunter. I am not covering anything up here, if the shoe fits then wear it. If it offends some of you here then maybe you shouldn't post on such a forum where varied opinions will be given. I am the last one who thinks that we should all love each other, sing "Kumbaya" together and never take each other to task just because we are supposed to be a fraternity. You can think of hunters who don't butcher their own deer as the epitome of hunters and manhood for all I care. I and others might however have different opinions of it. You see it your way and others will see it their own way.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

As a side business a person is by law required to report all income. Now my posts were not so much about tax collection as it was a satire on following the law..
Well I went back to my original post, just to be sure, and it was just as I remembered, not one word asking about the legal aspects of butchering OR killing deer, or anything about how I should report any income I might make to the IRS so........but...since its so important to you, I would just like to point out that this is a hunting forum ,not a IRS collection forum, so to expect people to support the IRS as much as they support the legal taking of game is a bit silly IMO. As far as picking and choosing laws, I think thats just part of reality, for example its illegal to break into some ones house and try to kill them, its also technically illegal in NY to shoot someone who kicks in your door and tries to attack you and your family, w/ out trying to leave out the backdoor 1st. Now are you telling me that there arent times when we must pick and choose which laws to obey?
Old 11-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

Well I went back to my original post, just to be sure, and it was just as I remembered, not one word asking about the legal aspects of butchering OR killing deer, or anything about how I should report any income I might make to the IRS so........but...since its so important to you, I would just like to point out that this is a hunting forum ,not a IRS collection forum, so to expect people to support the IRS as much as they support the legal taking of game is a bit silly IMO. As far as picking and choosing laws, I think thats just part of reality, for example its illegal to break into some ones house and try to kill them, its also technically illegal in NY to shoot someone who kicks in your door and tries to attack you and your family, w/ out trying to leave out the backdoor 1st. Now are you telling me that there arent times when we must pick and choose which laws to obey?

Murder/Manslaughter/Justified Self defense killings are in totally different realms of law compared to non violent criminal acts like poaching and tax evasion. You can never justify poaching or tax evasion on any grounds that can be taken seriously.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

Anyone ever butcher other people deer for x tra cash? What are the pros/and cons? Is it legal to do this at your house?

Ah the original post!!! You asked for the pro and cons of butchering deer for extra money.

So CON you are liable for taxes and are a criminal, guilty of tax evasion, if you fail to report the extra cash you earned from said butchering.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Steve863
Someone else injected the word "non hunter" into this thread so I just repeated their terminology. To me a "non hunter" is someone who doesn't hunt at all, so I can't call someone who doesn't butcher their own deer a "non hunter". But I can and WILL call them an incomplete hunter. I am not covering anything up here, if the shoe fits then wear it. If it offends some of you here then maybe you shouldn't post on such a forum where varied opinions will be given. I am the last one who thinks that we should all love each other, sing "Kumbaya" together and never take each other to task just because we are supposed to be a fraternity. You can think of hunters who don't butcher their own deer as the epitome of hunters and manhood for all I care. I and others might however have different opinions of it. You see it your way and others will see it their own way.
So do you think it is okay for archers to fight with xbow hunters or traditional MLs to fight with guys using inlines, or the guys in states that prohibit baiting to fight with guys in states that allow baiting. Belittling anyone that does not do something in the hunting world like you do is assinine and detremental to the hunting cause in general. Your arguments are as valid as a shotgun hunter claiming superior hunting skills over a rifleman cause the shotgunner has to have excellent skills to get close enough to harvest his game where as a rifleman can smoke cigs and stink up the area and still snipe an unsuspecting deer 1/4 mile away. That gives me an idea, so called hunters that use rifles from this day forward are not worthy of the name hunter and will now be reffered to as "Snipers". SARCASMS for riflehunters that have gotten into this thread a little late.

Point being you don't have to agree with the methods any legal hunter choses to use to participate just be smart enough to keep you opinions about said hunter to your self because your disparaging comments will go down a road that no one will benefit from in anyway shape or form
Old 11-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by driftrider
So if a guy lacks the equipment and space to properly butcher a deer and process it the way they like it, then they're not a real hunter? Sure, whatever you say... I've done it before, but I prefer to just spend the money for the conveinience of having someone else dirty their kitchen. And what if jerky is what someone likes? What difference does it make to you if a guy prefers to drink beer and gnaw on venison jerky rather than sip wine he doesn't like and eat a venison steak that he doesn't like either? I guess I'll just be less of a hunter, then, because me and my family prefer venison summer sausage to tough gamey round steaks.

Mike
X2 - Way to go Mike! Although I do eat some steak and roast (deerbq). Most is ground into jerky, which is what my family will eat. I like to see them eat the meat too.

I do my own processing except for sausage because of the cost. That being said, if someone wants to drop the cash to have someone else do it - so be it. It is their money and makes them no less a hunter.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

So do you think it is okay for archers to fight with xbow hunters or traditional MLs to fight with guys using inlines, or the guys in states that prohibit baiting to fight with guys in states that allow baiting. Belittling anyone that does not do something in the hunting world like you do is assinine and detremental to the hunting cause in general. Your arguments are as valid as a shotgun hunter claiming superior hunting skills over a rifleman cause the shotgunner has to have excellent skills to get close enough to harvest his game where as a rifleman can smoke cigs and stink up the area and still snipe an unsuspecting deer 1/4 mile away. That gives me an idea, so called hunters that use rifles from this day forward are not worthy of the name hunter and will now be reffered to as "Snipers". SARCASMS for riflehunters that have gotten into this thread a little late.

Point being you don't have to agree with the methods any legal hunter choses to use to participate just be smart enough to keep you opinions about said hunter to your self because your disparaging comments will go down a road that no one will benefit from in anyway shape or form

I think anyone has every right to be critical of whatever he thinks is not beneficial to hunting. Just because you think everyone should keep their mouths shut for the sake of unity will never solve any issue or disagreement. Without debate NOTHING has ever been solved. Many of us think hunting in an enclosure will hurt ALL hunting if it is allowed to continue and get bad publicity. According to your logic I must not say a word because I am hurting some hunters who like to hunt this way?? Tough noogans. I will say whatever I feel like about it!

Choice of weapon has JACK to do with the discussion at hand here. As I stated in an earlier post, a deer can be killed by clonking it over it's head with a stone. Your argument about the different weapon choices would not matter in the least. No matter how you put your deer down, it is a responsibility of the hunter to know how to take care of it and process it from that moment forward. As I've said in a previous post, I surely will never convince anyone to butcher their own deer if they don't want to. I will however tell these people that they are NOT participating in the complete cycle of hunting. You obviously don't think so, but I and others do.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Ah the original post!!! You asked for the pro and cons of butchering deer for extra money.

So CON you are liable for taxes and are a criminal, guilty of tax evasion, if you fail to report the extra cash you earned from said butchering.
So going further is that income reported on schedule C as a small business or Schedule D as a hobbiest. Hint one allows for a loss.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.