Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Very Mad:  Where Are You From? Pics >

Very Mad: Where Are You From? Pics

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Very Mad: Where Are You From? Pics

Old 11-09-2009, 11:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Angry Very Mad: Where Are You From? Pics

Ok, I'm sorry for the misleading title. I had to do it to get your attention! I am not mad, but I do have pictures. LOL!

I am frustrated though. I see so many members that make posts and I do not know where they are from. When one asks questions, it would help quite a bit to know what state or region they live so to best help them with advice, tips and opinions. I'm sure several of you agree.

I offer this advice so we can help each other better...

Say where you are from in your PROFILE!

If you look under my username, you can see the location that I'm in Minnesota. Here's how to do that:

* Upper left of screen you will see >User CP Click it
* On left side see "Your Profile" and click >Edit Your Details
* Scroll down to >Where you live and add where you live!
* Click >Save Changes on bottom!

Step 1.

=========================================

Step 2.

Step 3.

Step 4.

Do NOT forget to click on the bottom where it says "Save Changes"!

Adding where you are from is not mandatory and I am not telling you to do it. It's a recommendation so that when you go to help others or that you are seeking help, etc, it better helps so people can relate what part of the US you are from! It also adds to the comradery of the board and is mutually beneficial to all. If you feel more comfortable not disclosing that information, that is ok and your option. It does help to at least say something like "Midwest" or similar.

Something to consider. Take care,

iSnipe
Old 11-10-2009, 03:36 AM
Fork Horn

I agree 100 percent. It should be manditory to have your location posted so we know where you are from, at least the state.
I wont comment on a question when I do not know where they are from. How do you answer someone when you dont know where their from. Or comment on pictures of a animal when you dont know where it came from, all regoins of the country have different trophys.
Great post, just might want to change the title so people will read it and get the idea and state their location on their profile.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:16 AM
Dominant Buck

I agree it helps to know where everyone is from
Old 11-10-2009, 04:33 AM
Fork Horn

You must also remember that there are people out there that will go through GREAT lengths to find out where a trail camera photo came from and do everything in their power to sneak out onto the land and try to take the deer.

I've seen posts on other sites where people find out your state, the county, the town, what area you are hunting... They come into town... start asking questions, find out where you are hunting and next thing you know they are on your property.

I appreciate your post. However, I think it is up to each person to indicate where they are from. It kind of defeats the purpose of the Internet and anonymity.

It's not like we are on here baking cookies. We are talking about men and women with high-powered rifles...
Old 11-10-2009, 04:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Minnesota is a big state, where are you located? I agree with you, a lot of times people get on here and ask questions that could be easier answered if they would just have their location. I have been on here 10 or so years and my town and state has apeared next to to every post and that is close to 13,000 now (the glitch a few years ago got about 3800 of my post).
Old 11-10-2009, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like it or not there are laws that prevent some information from being displayed, especially in the case of minors. It may just be that HNI, filters this info preventing it from being seen.

By the way what are you the post police now?
Old 11-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Typical Buck

You guys don't have the give the exact county or town you live in,just the state you live in...helps alot
Old 11-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

i don't think people would tell as many lies on these sites if they had to list there location and use there REAL NAME. i know of a few sites that you can't join with a nick name.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm special because im the only one from Scotland here, nah nah
Old 11-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

I just never did it because I am old and have trouble learning new tricks, but I took an hour of my time and figured it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.