Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stolen Deer

Old 11-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Spike

Why tag a deer you didn't shoot? I myself wouldn't, because I actually enjoy the thrill of putting the hammer down on a nice buck from my stand!!! Furthermore, I could care less if ive sat in my stand for 10 hours and hadnt seen anything to shoot, I just think its fun. But to those who like to steal someones deer, or who think its funny, better think twice if your in my area!!! It would be the last deer they tried to take I'll assure ya!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man that sucks like an open chest wound!

dd
Old 11-10-2009, 02:59 AM
Fork Horn

Hmmmmmmm .... I know I will get slamed for this ... but wtf are you talking about ????Approaching armed and unethical hunters in the woods with violence on your minds ... over what ??? a stinking deer... god just go shoot another one . If this person will go so far as to steal a deer whats to say he wont take a shot on you ... oh yea and dont give me the crap about i will shoot back ... theres enough "A holes" in the woods... great get their tag numbers ... get their car numbers call the dec .. troopers dnr .. but for gods sakes use common sence leave the bravado for the video games ... its not worth and armed confrontation , possably not living to see your family .
Old 11-10-2009, 05:55 AM
Spike

Well considering I know my timber better than anyone else in the world, I dont play video games, and knowing how some people...are just stupid, maybe they should have thought before trying to take someone elses game. I look forward to hunting year around, and im not going to let some fool ruin it because they don't know how to hunt themselves, have no luck or skill at all, or won't ask their buddy to hunt on their own property.
Who knows, even if you did turn them in, whats to say they wouldn't come back year after year, or just go venture onto your friends property, or other families, and do the same thing? If you catch them, someone has to teach them a lesson. More than just a $75 fine. That's pocket change to most people. Furthermore, if they had their U know what really stomped in the dirt, maybe they would get the hint and leave people's stuff alone!!! I wouldn't shoot somebody over it, but I believe they wouldn't try coming back again!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

That stinks, but a gut pile come'on. If you stealing a deer your not thinking about gutting it right away. Im guessing the guy put an arrow in the deer and thought he made the killing shot. Either way that stinks
Old 11-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nysmoker
Hmmmmmmm .... I know I will get slamed for this ... but wtf are you talking about ????Approaching armed and unethical hunters in the woods with violence on your minds ... over what ??? a stinking deer... god just go shoot another one . If this person will go so far as to steal a deer whats to say he wont take a shot on you ... oh yea and dont give me the crap about i will shoot back ... theres enough "A holes" in the woods... great get their tag numbers ... get their car numbers call the dec .. troopers dnr .. but for gods sakes use common sence leave the bravado for the video games ... its not worth and armed confrontation , possably not living to see your family .
+1 It would be more than stupid to get yourself shot over a deer no matter how big it may have been. Without a doubt the people who stole this deer were a bunch of creeps, but one thing that no one seemed to mention here is that this story proves that we should never be too sure that the deer we just shot at will without a doubt be found dead over the hill. This hunter seemed to be making phone calls and celebrating before he ever saw the deer down and dead or even tried to track it. I realize that an animal needs to be given some time before the tracking begins, but one should never be overly confident until the deer is actually found in my opinion. This kind of stuff does happen and we shouldn't lose sight of the possibility. Maybe if this hunter didn't go to lunch and stayed close to the area where he hunted someone else would not have been able to sneak in and steal the carcass. I am not blaming the hunter here, just pointing out that he might have avoided this situation if he stuck around the hunting area especially since it was stolen only 60 yards from where he made the shot.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

Some people don't care about rules or ethics and get their excitement from breaking the law. These people are as addicted to the feeling they get from stealing your deer as you are to hunting it! They may grow out of it in time or they may not, but getting them to stop being a_ _holes is not going to happen any sooner than you giving up hunting, so just protect whats yours as best you can. There will always be someone out there thinking it would be just plain fun or proffitable somehow to steal your deer. These are the same people who think the game warden is the bad guy and they are Jesse James.