HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Stolen Deer
Thread: Stolen Deer
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Steve863
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nysmoker
Hmmmmmmm .... I know I will get slamed for this ... but wtf are you talking about ????Approaching armed and unethical hunters in the woods with violence on your minds ... over what ??? a stinking deer... god just go shoot another one . If this person will go so far as to steal a deer whats to say he wont take a shot on you ... oh yea and dont give me the crap about i will shoot back ... theres enough "A holes" in the woods... great get their tag numbers ... get their car numbers call the dec .. troopers dnr .. but for gods sakes use common sence leave the bravado for the video games ... its not worth and armed confrontation , possably not living to see your family .
+1 It would be more than stupid to get yourself shot over a deer no matter how big it may have been. Without a doubt the people who stole this deer were a bunch of creeps, but one thing that no one seemed to mention here is that this story proves that we should never be too sure that the deer we just shot at will without a doubt be found dead over the hill. This hunter seemed to be making phone calls and celebrating before he ever saw the deer down and dead or even tried to track it. I realize that an animal needs to be given some time before the tracking begins, but one should never be overly confident until the deer is actually found in my opinion. This kind of stuff does happen and we shouldn't lose sight of the possibility. Maybe if this hunter didn't go to lunch and stayed close to the area where he hunted someone else would not have been able to sneak in and steal the carcass. I am not blaming the hunter here, just pointing out that he might have avoided this situation if he stuck around the hunting area especially since it was stolen only 60 yards from where he made the shot.