HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Stolen Deer (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/309205-stolen-deer.html)

turkey guide 11-06-2009 10:28 AM

Stolen Deer

Was talking to a fella I met in my fireworks store Wed. and he was on his way home to Nebraska. He was all pissed about a call from his wife.
It seems that an out of state hunter hunting on his land had arrowed a big buck and called the house to thank the wife and family for the great lease and to brag about the huge deer. The wife had relayed the message to the trucker who was on his way home and couldn't wait to see the big deer. From my place he was only 3 hours from home.
Then the second call came, after waiting two hours to make sure the deer was down and out, the hunter and his friends had gathered and had lunch and went tracking. Just sixty yds away over a hill and out of sight of the stand, they found the gut pile. Then drag marks and two sets of boot tracks to a mud road where it was loaded. The mud road had had enough traffic in the two hours to totally destroy the original tire tracks.
They believe a couple guys saw the arrowed buck come over the hill and die within 100 yds of the road, and knew they had time to steal the deer. The DNR officer had a look around and found no evidence to continue investigating. He told the guy that unless some suspects were indicated through rumors and proof could be found he is screwed.
Too bad that hunt wasn't being filmed, so there would be positive ID on those antlers.

SWThomas 11-06-2009 10:47 AM

Jeez! That really sucks... :(

jeep4x4greg 11-06-2009 10:54 AM

damnit, I hate people!

skb2706 11-06-2009 11:04 AM

"Losing faith in humanity one sole at time"

You have to wonder about the thought process that goes thru these peoples mind. What do they say when friends and family ask where/how they got the deer. Do they brag about it.

To be honest I wouldn't have any interest in taking a deer someone else killed no matter what the circumstances.

Ava 11-06-2009 11:48 AM

That's just terrible.

:action-smiley-099: to the theives!

Champlain Islander 11-06-2009 12:13 PM

No morals, no ethics, no sportsmanship, no pride.......... but they do have a full freezer. It takes all kinds.:s8:

vmartin 11-06-2009 12:29 PM

check the local taxidermists. that is the closest that you would come to finding the guy.

it wouldn't be that hard to find the buck if it had any character to the rack.

WaccamawHunter 11-06-2009 12:54 PM

THat's terrible

Bugflipper 11-06-2009 02:07 PM

I shot a deer about 8 years ago where I used to live. I was walking to my stand and got it in a field within 60 yards of the house. I go back to the house to wait a few to make sure it bled out. Returned 15 minutes later, no deer. Blood trail was only a big spot where it fell. Got the beagle out and he tracked it to a neighbors shed. Promptly returned with a truck and knocked on the door. No one answered. Called the landlord and got my deer. Tenant was kicked out by the landlord. The landlord was a friend of the family and hunted on me. He had moved to the city 4 or 5 years earlier and rented out the house.

cterbow 11-06-2009 02:26 PM

some buddy had some serious buck envy