Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Idea Hunting Show

Old 12-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Idea Hunting Show

BATV30997

Everyone has some good ideas about regular guys hunting state land but no one has mentioned anything about after the kill.
I'd like to see these guys drag a 180lb buck 1.5 miles out of the woods by themselves.(it always seems to be up hill too)
Has anyone ever seen a elk hunt on t.v. where they spend the next two days getting the elk out to the truck? I haven't.
If you are going to make it more real, then go all the way.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

BATV30997,
I'm glad that a few people like the idea i put out there but honestly it's probably what a lot of us have thought before.
WhenI watch the shows nowI feel like i'm watching some fantasy that i'll never get to be a part of. When a show comes on that has a kid hunting from the blind with his dad and he is after his first deer,I am GLUED to the TV. I can relate to that.

Having Stan Potts already sitting in a stand telling us he's in Iowa on the last day of muzzloader season and then telling us to "give him second" after he plows a 170" bruiser does nothing for me.

Have Stan hang out a week with Redskin Archer and show us how they come up with a plan on the land that RA hunts, how they set the stands and why, then show us RA banging a nice doe, dragging it out, and processing it would be of way more interest to me
Old 12-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want reality, then you show me the guy that goes out and sits.... for 8 hrs and doesn't see a thing. Where he rubs his face then shakes his head and looks at the camera and says "What the heck am I doing wrong"? But stick with him and see how he adapts to the area to give himself better opportunities. Now THAT would be reality. At least for me. OR you could have the girls from playboy running through the woods with guns
Old 12-04-2008, 11:47 AM

I think it would be neat to have a show that takes a deer from begining to end... from entering the woods, to reading the sign (rubs/scrapes) explaining as you are doing so, patterning the buck, again while explaining the hows and why's..and then setting up and taking that buck..
I like it when they explain the little minute details of what and why they are doing things.

most important to me..I want to LEARN while watching a hunting show, not just watch someone pop a monster managemnet buck. I want to learn to read the signs, i want to see you find the buck signs, and just hunt like the average joe can hunt w/o all the fancy equipment and managed land
Old 12-04-2008, 12:10 PM

ORIGINAL: BATV30997

First I want to address a couple comments made;
1. One guy said don't come to Missouri, and I see he is from Missouri. Why?
2. Several people have talked highly about other shows and how they do a good job talking about how they are hunting on their private managed ground, etc... Don't be fooled by that, I recently was ask to do a show on a large high fence deer hunting operation. I did except and when I got there they were telling me about all the people that hunt there year to year. I mean "TV SHOW" People. So I ask them what they wanted from me and they said a show about our operation to sell to hunters. As I am looking at pictures of probably some of the top 10 hunting show HOST setting behind there huge buck shot at this operation. I said why don't I ever see these guys hunting here, he said you do, but they just say we are "hunting in IA." or "were up here in IL hunting on a friends private property". He said but I want you to say you are here to help promote my business. I said what do you get from those other guys, he said referals to some of there big money hunting friends. So again DONT BE FOOLED BY WHAT YOU SEE.

Back to the main topic, I appreciate all comments and had already considered mainy of these ideas. I plan to do something but you have to remember its a TV, which takes time and money to produce. So I'd like to now know would average hunters be willing to put there money where there mouth is and do something completely different to get the show they really want. I'm talking about a show completely sponsored by "Viewers". For example a viewer joins and pays $10.00 per month. He gets to add input to the shows content, possible chance to hunt with show host, you could suggest 3 products you are thinking of buying and I would buy them and try them on air in rough hard conditions. Then share how they really stood up. Basically put the viewer in control. What do you think any takers. Oh, maybe a monthly magazine highlighting items gone over on the last month show so you have all info in writing, etc...
Old 12-04-2008, 12:12 PM

I appreciate all comments and had already considered mainy of these ideas. I plan to do something but you have to remember its a TV, which takes time and money to produce. So I'd like to now know would average hunters be willing to put there money where there mouth is and do something completely different to get the show they really want. I'm talking about a show completely sponsored by "Viewers". For example a viewer joins and pays $10.00 per month. He gets to add input to the shows content, possible chance to hunt with show host, you could suggest 3 products you are thinking of buying and I would buy them and try them on air in rough hard conditions. Then share how they really stood up. Basically put the viewer in control. What do you think any takers. Oh, maybe a monthly magazine highlighting items gone over on the last month show so you have all info in writing, etc...

Sorry about that I hit the button to soon. Anyway, this all sounds great and I am taking it all in, the wheels are starting to really smoke. So keep talking about it and giving ideas. But don't forget to read my quote above. Are we ready to put our money where our mouth is.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

Give some inncentive to watch your show. Do like good ole wheel of fortune does. Start a website and everytime someone signs up for your website give them a member number and then on every show at some point throughout the show give out a winning member id number and give them a free hunt or some free stuff from your sponsors. If they don't watch then they'll never know if they won. I know it's all about hunting but at the end of the day its a tv show that you want people to watch. As bad and as cliche as it sounds business is business.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:35 PM

What if we did'nt need sponsors? A show that was totatlly funded by a few dedicated hunters willing to spend $120.00 per year, broke down $10.00 per month. The hunter / viewers helps guide the shows direction, they get education and real honest answers about products. If it is junk, its junk. This could be done. There would be all sort of extra benifits for being a supporter from give aways to educational materials.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am the owner and host of a national Hunting Show.
Who are you and what is the name if your national Hunting Show?
Old 12-04-2008, 12:50 PM

not sure if this was mentioned already...but I think it would be nice to have a little segment at the end of each show..like a "mailbag" segment..where you pick a few letters or emails and answer questions from hunters

Quick Reply: Idea Hunting Show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.