HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Idea Hunting Show
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 12:10 PM
BATV30997

Default RE: Idea Hunting Show

ORIGINAL: BATV30997

First I want to address a couple comments made;
1. One guy said don't come to Missouri, and I see he is from Missouri. Why?
2. Several people have talked highly about other shows and how they do a good job talking about how they are hunting on their private managed ground, etc... Don't be fooled by that, I recently was ask to do a show on a large high fence deer hunting operation. I did except and when I got there they were telling me about all the people that hunt there year to year. I mean "TV SHOW" People. So I ask them what they wanted from me and they said a show about our operation to sell to hunters. As I am looking at pictures of probably some of the top 10 hunting show HOST setting behind there huge buck shot at this operation. I said why don't I ever see these guys hunting here, he said you do, but they just say we are "hunting in IA." or "were up here in IL hunting on a friends private property". He said but I want you to say you are here to help promote my business. I said what do you get from those other guys, he said referals to some of there big money hunting friends. So again DONT BE FOOLED BY WHAT YOU SEE.

Back to the main topic, I appreciate all comments and had already considered mainy of these ideas. I plan to do something but you have to remember its a TV, which takes time and money to produce. So I'd like to now know would average hunters be willing to put there money where there mouth is and do something completely different to get the show they really want. I'm talking about a show completely sponsored by "Viewers". For example a viewer joins and pays $10.00 per month. He gets to add input to the shows content, possible chance to hunt with show host, you could suggest 3 products you are thinking of buying and I would buy them and try them on air in rough hard conditions. Then share how they really stood up. Basically put the viewer in control. What do you think any takers. Oh, maybe a monthly magazine highlighting items gone over on the last month show so you have all info in writing, etc...