Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hang On Stand

Old 11-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Spike

Default Hang On Stand

I have a quick question to everyone. I am thinking about getting a hang on stand but wondering how you get the hang on stand all the way up the tree? Can anyone tell me how you get it all the way up the tree?
Old 11-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hang On Stand

on ur back...get the lone wolf hang on
Old 11-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you're doing it by yourself tie a rope off around the seat posts (or somewhere that as you pull the stand goes up nice and straight). Loop the rope around a branch higher than you want the stand to be (or put a screw step in higher than you want the stand to be..then toss the rope over that). Get down...pull the rope until the stand gets to the desired height. Tie the end of the rope off to anything...another tree...a screw step...anything. Climb back up...ratchet it down...and test it out.

With 5 Gorilla 3' ladder sections...and the stand...I can do it by myself in an hour. If my buddies are helping...½ hour tops.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use climbing sticks and made a pulley system on peice of pipe that I squared off. The pipe is slightly smaller in diameter than the square tubing on my climbing sticks so it slides the legnth of one step in and then it sticks out about 1 foot. Drilled a hole in the pipe about 2 inches back, ran an eye bolt through the pipe, and hooked a small pulley to the eye bolt. Note: you will have to open the eye bolt slightly to put the pulley into the bolt and then hammer it closed again. Then what I do to hang the stand is put the the rope through the pulley, (you will want double the height/length of which you are hanging your stand), tie one end of the rope to the stand and one around you, you will want to use your climbing aid for this step, once you have climbed the sticks and have them secured, you can now pull up your stand while youre at the top, or you can climb back down and pull it up, tie off the rope and climb up and attach to tree. It sounds like a lot of work but only takes a few minutes to hand the stand and its safe.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are so many different ways to do it, but the important thing is that usually 1 person can do it fairly quickly. Ladder stands can be fairly tough by one's self.