Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

never hunted

Old 09-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: never hunted

Look for hunting ,beagle or coon dog clubs in the area. Call your game protector for guidance. Try the bulleting board at Gander Mountain for contacts or names of clubs. Look and visit a shooting or trap ran. Pheasants Forever, Ducks Umlimited,Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and numerous groups like that could help. You might even check 4H as they have shooting sports and most are run by hunters. Good Luck, best hard work you will ever do and pay you back for the rest of your life. Don't give up, someone will help!
Old 09-03-2008, 08:20 PM

i was in the same situation when i was 15. my dad use to be into coon hunting but now he dont care anything about hunting. i had asked everyyear since i was 10years old when we could go but he never got around to it. i had friends that hunted but they didn't go that much. what did was buy a bow and just talk to alot of the older guys when i worked at the bait shop, read alot on here and read alot of magizines. i killed my first deer with a 12year old bow and used that for a couple of years untill my dad finally let me use one of his guns.get a used bow, used tree stand and just read read and read and get out there. ive hunted with peoplea few times, but ive found that i really like going by myself.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:13 AM

USE A BOW!!!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

i sure hope u get involved in the sport it sounds like your really interested in it. good luck and ill see what i can find out for ya