Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

is it a good idea?

Old 07-20-2008, 07:15 PM

Default RE: is it a good idea?

Illigal in wa too. You cant bring along a pistol if you archery or ML hunt.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:23 PM

ORIGINAL: fastetti

I know its illegal in Michigan and Pretty sure in Illinois. Ive been known to take a handgun pellet gun and take a few out or at least give them a warning shot in the ass to stay off the feeders (Only Michigan with the feeders) If you keep the end of the barrel inside the blind you cannot hear it outside. I'd say if you want to do anything, use a pellet gun. I know on the slow days when it is raining or crappy weather, ive been known to take a few squirrels out of the population.
You should keep in mind that in MI a pellet handgun is governed by the same laws as a firearm handgun as far as carrying and transporting. I would check to make sure what you are doing is legal because if you get caught you might end up in a butt load of trouble.

Paul
Old 07-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Paul, thanks for the heads up. I really don't do it that much anymore and never really carried a pellet gun on me, it just sat in the blind. Now a days, I don't mind the squirrels as much as I did on my earlier years. I play Sodoku when the prime hunting hours are over and getting a little bored so nowthe noises the squirrels make keep me on my toes and looking up every 30 seconds or so. I still don't like those little buggers but I have waved the white flag and learned to live with them.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

A low velocity 22 short like a CB makes less noise then a pellet gun. If you have a single shot rifle .22, use those rounds. If my morning is coming to an end and deer aren co-operating I have no problem taking some small game the rest of he morning. squirrells and cotontails make for some fine eating. Better than some old buck thats for sure.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sausage bucks! Id rather eat does all year long.