Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

is it a good idea?

Old 07-03-2008, 12:52 PM

Default RE: is it a good idea?

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

Even if it is legal it will pretty much insure you won't see any deer with in range of a bow. Either small game hunt or deer, doing both probably won't work out that well. Deer hunting with a bow is all about stealth, popping little critters with a .22 pistol isn't exactly stealthy in my opinion. .22 rifles are not all that loud, but the pistols are.
QFT
Old 07-03-2008, 01:11 PM

QTF?????????
Old 07-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Illegal in Indiana.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:12 PM

problt illlegal here tooo.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: whitetaildreamer

If an individual needs to bring home meat everytime they go out then where they should be going out to is the grocery store.
Well put!
Old 07-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

During my scouting Im always looking for squirrel nests. This maks a huge decision on where Im gonna set up a stand. I dont bring a 22, but Ive been known to bring the pellet gun, or even shoot one with field point.

Im still waiting for some high frequency gadget to keep the birds away. It never fails, If Im hunting any thickets, as soon as the sun rises it sounds like Im in some type of bird sanctuary with them piliging through the very thickets Im huntng.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Illegal to carry a gun during bow season while hunting with a bow here. Patience is my only suggestion. You will be a better deer hunter if you concentrate on them rather than knocking off squirrels to pass the time. Being a good deer hunter requires concentration and patience......with some luck thrown in for good measure.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure it's illegal in every state. It is for sure in my state. Just keep your .22 in the car or at the camp. If the squirrels are driving you nuts, then put the bow up and go after the bushytails. Sometimes I will bow hunt for a couple of hours, then get down and go to the camp and get my .22, and go to an area where there are plenty of squirrels, but an area I don't bow hunt. I love fried squirrel.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know how you can focus on hunting deer, the game that can appear without sound in an instant and disappear just the same way while looking for squirrel those noisy rats with fluffy tails at the same time. IMO hunt the deer, then if you still want to chase the squirrely little critters, do it after the season when he also won't be screwing up somebody elses hunt with gun shots in the woods. Mature deer are a tough enough to the way it is. Focus on it or forget it.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

My suggestion is to bow hunt deer and focus at the challenge at hand.
Whether it's legal or not, it sounds like a bad idea.

Why introduce gunfire while trying to get a deer in close enough to shoot with a bow?
It just doen't make sense to me.

Don't mix and match.

Kinda like using a rubber worm ona fly rod.

Just my 2 cents.....Good Luck

Quick Reply: is it a good idea?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.