Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good idea

Old 06-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Good idea

i had to run into my local walmart today and while trying to get in and out as quickly as possible i ran into the northwest director for hunter ed in missouri. while talking to him he showed me that they now hand out a "hunting plan" to give to someone. it has everything on it from who you are to the date to whose property you will be on and their number to even a plan B hunt info. they were also giving out sfatey quides that go all the way down to telling how to field dress deer alond with free gun locks.
just had to give an ups to MDC for doin this.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Good idea

Umm whats up with the Gun Locks[&:] I and the NRA might have to take offense to that.[>:] Could you plz scan the info and post it for the rest of us to see? It might be worth keeping, at the very least id like a look at it
Old 07-01-2009, 03:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Are you saying youre against gun locks?? Why? Im sure not against them. I have one on all my guns. Of course I have kids so I find them to be a necessity, not a problem.

ORIGINAL: Switchback_XT

Umm whats up with the Gun Locks[&:] I and the NRA might have to take offense to that.[>:] Could you plz scan the info and post it for the rest of us to see? It might be worth keeping, at the very least id like a look at it
Old 07-01-2009, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

how could you take offense that the department of conservation is giving out free gun locks (trigger locks)? i have seen all kinds of companies giving them out.all of mine have them on them. i have a daughter thats gonna be 4 and another on the way. just cause i was raised around them doesnt mean im gonna trust my daughter or her friends around them.

Im trying to get it scanned so others can use it. i found some on the net but none with this much info to fill out.
I may just type one up and post it so eveyone can use it.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Are you saying youre against gun locks?? Why? Im sure not against them. I have one on all my guns. Of course I have kids so I find them to be a necessity, not a problem.

ORIGINAL: Switchback_XT

While I do not have a thing against them handing out gun locks, I do not find it necessary to put a lock on my guns just because I have children. In fact none of my guns have trigger locks on them, and I will always have at least one readily available at all times.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:48 PM

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

i had to run into my local walmart today and while trying to get in and out as quickly as possible i ran into the northwest director for hunter ed in missouri. while talking to him he showed me that they now hand out a "hunting plan" to give to someone. it has everything on it from who you are to the date to whose property you will be on and their number to even a plan B hunt info. they were also giving out sfatey quides that go all the way down to telling how to field dress deer alond with free gun locks.
just had to give an ups to MDC for doin this.
That's cool. It's always a good idea for someone to know what you're plans are and any contingency plans you may have as well.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

i use to think the same way hurricane. but its not my kids that i have to worry about anymore. mine are raised around them so its no big deal. as i was as well. its the friends they have over that i worry about that havent been raised around them and been taught to treat them with respect.
Plus i have loss a very close friend in the church because of a gun accident. they thought they where ok as well and now they have lost their oldest son. it will not happen to me.