Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 2 high fence senarios. Yes or NO? >

2 high fence senarios. Yes or NO?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

2 high fence senarios. Yes or NO?

Old 06-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 2 high fence senarios. Yes or NO?

I don't like to buy my hunting. I like to hunt on open land. When the day comes that I have to pay someone to hunt on their plantation whereon they manage a deer herd, that is the day I quit hunting. Fortunately that day is a long way off. I can go to Wyoming and hunt pronghorn antelope on open public land and I can go to Colorado and hunt elk on open public land. I think people who have to pay to hunt on "deer plantations" are pathetic losers who don't have a clue what real hunting is about. In the mean time I continue to hunt deer for free on open land -- deer freely move on and off the property -- in Oklahoma.

Its a free country, and people can do what they want, no doubt. But you asked for my opinion, and I have given it.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

A 4-day hunt in South Texas cost around $4,000.That was aboutthe size of my down payment on 19 acres of damn good deer and turkey ground in southern Illinois.So, I don't pay to play....
Old 06-25-2008, 11:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Alsatian

I don't like to buy my hunting. I like to hunt on open land. When the day comes that I have to pay someone to hunt on their plantation whereon they manage a deer herd, that is the day I quit hunting. Fortunately that day is a long way off. I can go to Wyoming and hunt pronghorn antelope on open public land and I can go to Colorado and hunt elk on open public land. I think people who have to pay to hunt on "deer plantations" are pathetic losers who don't have a clue what real hunting is about. In the mean time I continue to hunt deer for free on open land -- deer freely move on and off the property -- in Oklahoma.

Its a free country, and people can do what they want, no doubt. But you asked for my opinion, and I have given it.
I'm a little curious about your definitions here. In Texas, probably 99% of land is privately held, and pretty much everyone has to pay to hunt. I hunt a low fenced ranch were deer freely move on and off the property, but, the guys who hunt there pay the owner for that privilege, and we "manage the deer herd" in that we require the guys to kill does and we have guidelines regarding age, etc. for harvesting bucks. So, since we pay to hunt, and we try to manage our herd, apparently by your definition we're all a bunch of "pathetic losers"? That's a bit ridiculous...
Old 06-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Typical Buck

1: that type of "hunt" is B.S. they built one near where I bowhunt and it ticks me off looking at it. The deer have pretty much no cover, auto feeders, and a big box blind. Anyone could pick off any deer they like within 2 minutes. (walking to the blind and shooting)

2: not opposed to it. this I would consider fair chase because the animal has the opportunity to run away and/or hide from you.