Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

coyotes killing deer

Old 12-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: coyotes killing deer

I shoot coyotes just for the hell of it... Then I tie coyote carcasses to trees, then shoot other coyotes canabalizing themselves... I've seen turkey carcasses and enough dead fawns in high coyote areas that I really don't need any kinda rumor or anything to convince myself that what i'm doing is good...
Oh by the way... I shoot stray dogs and cats as well... If its out in the wild hunting and tearing the property up... Its fair game
Old 12-19-2007, 10:49 PM
SST

While hunting the antlerless season in Missouri, I shot a coyote that was chasing 2 deer, then I tagged one of the does. The deer didn't seem to mind that I shot the coyote first.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 12-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive seen a coyote chase down a young year and a half year old doe at about 600 yards away he cought up to her when she hit this thicket i dunno if she died or not i know she did get attacked. Coyotes are becoming quite a problem in Pennsylvania a lot of people hunt them around here. And the majority of them kill them when we do drives durring the gun season we usually push one or two of them out They are a problem around here.

Ryan.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:45 AM

you can blame the pa game comm. for that one introducing them in the early 80's. about 10yrs ago my brother and i shot 9 of them in one season off the same piece of property i know there are a bunch of them in southeast pa and i wouldnt be suprised if some of them have made it to south jersey. i have a farm i lease to hunt and i have seen about a dozen set of tracks since our deer season opened. dont try to let anyone tell you that pa. doesnt have alot of coyotes, i know alot of the facts since my grandfather was a biologistfor the game comm. and my dad was a deputy warden.