Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sunday Hunting ban

Old 12-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Sunday Hunting ban

Here in south carolina we can hunt on sundays now. That didn't change until a couple of years ago, when it went state wide

Old 12-15-2007, 11:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

It took many studies as well as much lobbying but most of Manitoba is now open for sunday hunting. Only the bible belt in the southern part of the province is still closed on Sundays. After seeing the economic benefits as well as the assisted control of some of the out of control deer herds, I believe that this part of our province is considering Sunday hunting with in the next couple of seasons. Best of luck with your situation.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I thought your governor was supposed to fast track that when he got elected. A politician is a politician,a party doesn't make him any different. Stop supporting labels.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's not just a religious issue. it's a sharing the woods issue. They don't want the non hunting public being shot by the hunting public. Ohio's answer was to close the public hunting land to anybody but hunters.

Religion is trampled under foot at every turn. I doubt it's holding you back here. It's what everybody loves to hate these days, how could it be. If religion was in control guns would not be band at Virginia Tec.

Politics is the new religion. Politicians are your enemy.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nodog, I am not saying Religion is the only thing to blame here for the Blue Laws...I am saying that it is a very real/strong reason as to why they still exist. Politicians back down to the public all the time. We need men/women with guts in politics!
Old 12-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Nodog, I am not saying Religion is the only thing to blame here for the Blue Laws...I am saying that it is a very real/strong reason as to why they still exist. Politicians back down to the public all the time. We need men/women with guts in politics!
I just can't see it anymore. At one time I'd agree, but not anymore.

I'm with you. My brother lives there and we hunt together there. It's a pain for me since I usually get there Fri. night.

I can see clearlypeople using religion to blame it onto cover the real reason. You have a lot of anti hunters there who are real flakes. Hunted a piece of property next to a nut job. Those people really dispise you or anyone that interupts there life in any way. Being dead infront of them would cause them discomfort because they would have to step around your corpse. My brothers a UPS driver out of Manassas. The stories he tells Iii Yi Yi.

You will never get any with guts. What you will most likely end up with is being corn hole'd. You might get Sunday hunting but it will cost you.

The people that run D.C. live in your state, need I say more. Untill the day someone blows the bridges your, well, where you are right now.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Fork Horn

I'm a born-again Southern Baptist and I personally do NOT agree with any states ban on hunting on Sundays.

Sunday's are often the only time some families have to share the hunting experience with their sons or daughters and to enjoy the beautiful woods and game God created.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

Sylvan, you need to check into things a little more. Washington started the Christ Church at Pohick right here in Alexandria. Lincoln made no decisions in his time as President without praying over it first. I think you are looking at these guys with eyes from 2007. All of them acknowledged Christ or God and that is very evident in all of their early writings. And by the way, the separation of Church and State thing is not in our Constitution or Bill of Rights or anywhere else. It was written by Thomas Jefferson to a friend in England and he was not referring to a separation FROM Religion, but a Separation from the, at that time, Anglican Church which was the only one. I have letters from the Baptists of the time that were happy about it because they were aloud to exist.

I think that someone needs to hunt on a Sunday and get caught and then file a lawsuit for having their Civil Liberties broken. I have been known to climb a tree on Sundays and will continue to do it on my own land. Let them catch me and try to enforce another unenforcable law. If it ever happens I will do what I can to change the law. I try to be law abiding and have tried, like others here in VA, to fight this in the legislature. The problem is that none of the politicians will listen of touch this. I give up and will hunt when I want on my own land.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good for you Virginia Mike...if I had land here in Manassas, I would hunt on Sundays as well.