Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sunday Hunting ban

Old 12-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sunday Hunting ban

We have no hunting on Sundays here in Virginia. I am not sure if anyone has ever attacked the ban on Sunday hunting like this....doesn't no hunting on Sundays violate "equal protection" laws?

For example, what if a guy worked Monday-Saturday and his only day off were Sunday to hunt?

Doesn't banning hunting on Sundays unfairly hurt the working class hunters, many of whom have to work on Saturdays?

shadow
Old 12-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sunday Hunting ban

I'm all for hunting on Sundays. I feel that if the liquor stores and the 7-11's are open and sell beer to peoplethat go home and watch football all afternoon, why can't I go hunting?????

People say that it's a "blue law" because it's a "Sunday" thing. If that's the case, then stop selling beer on Sunday! Theydon't want to hear that because they'll be losing too much money by doing so.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:52 PM

There's no beer in Indiana on Sunday, but we do get to go hunting.

I think laws banning certain acivities on Sundays are BS. I guess that is what happens when too many politicians take their personal beliefs to the office and try to influence others to follow their lead.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:05 PM

YO BOSS SUNDAYS ARE FOR 3 THINGS
NASCAR AND FOOTBULL/ BULL RIDING ON ESPN OR VS. CHANNEL AND FISHIN
WE AINT GOT SUNDAY HUNTIN EITHER WHICH SUCKS CAUSE MY UNCLE HAS OFF SUNDAYS SO W/OUT HIM I CANT HUNT
Old 12-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

It is the same thing here in Maine as well.. It sucks but we had to live with it for years now. We have tried to change it before with no luck. All we can do is keep trying and who knows maybe someday it will change..
Old 12-03-2007, 06:42 PM

I am all for Sunday hunting in MD. I would have been out yesterday . So Sad
Old 12-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

I have seen these threads before and it always amazes me how many hunters are against Sunday hunting . Things are beginning to change here in Maryland we now have some Sunday hunting on private land in a few counties but it is only for deer hunting , only on private property and only a limited number of Sundays
Old 12-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

It seems likea Sunday hunting banis the state support of a religion(s).
Old 12-03-2007, 09:22 PM

i used to hunt real hard, now sunday is my only day off and for the past 2 yrs i got out 5 days. pa will never change its hunting laws but i heard west virginia is able to hunt sundays, that might be my next option.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Fork Horn

We can hunt on Sundays in New York. I think there used to besome sort of ban onSunday hunting years ago. I usually work six days a weekand Sunday is the day I off. I've shot two deer on Sundays.........bought a lot ofbeer on Sundays too! [/align]

Quick Reply: Sunday Hunting ban

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.