HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sunday Hunting ban
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Virginia Mike
Fork Horn

Default RE: Sunday Hunting ban

Sylvan, you need to check into things a little more. Washington started the Christ Church at Pohick right here in Alexandria. Lincoln made no decisions in his time as President without praying over it first. I think you are looking at these guys with eyes from 2007. All of them acknowledged Christ or God and that is very evident in all of their early writings. And by the way, the separation of Church and State thing is not in our Constitution or Bill of Rights or anywhere else. It was written by Thomas Jefferson to a friend in England and he was not referring to a separation FROM Religion, but a Separation from the, at that time, Anglican Church which was the only one. I have letters from the Baptists of the time that were happy about it because they were aloud to exist.

I think that someone needs to hunt on a Sunday and get caught and then file a lawsuit for having their Civil Liberties broken. I have been known to climb a tree on Sundays and will continue to do it on my own land. Let them catch me and try to enforce another unenforcable law. If it ever happens I will do what I can to change the law. I try to be law abiding and have tried, like others here in VA, to fight this in the legislature. The problem is that none of the politicians will listen of touch this. I give up and will hunt when I want on my own land.