Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sunday Hunting ban

Old 12-07-2007, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Sunday Hunting ban

ORIGINAL: ButchA

Here ya go guys...

Pretty asinine, ain't it? [:@]

WOW, some of the States in the east need to get with the times!!!!!!![:'(] Somebody works hard all week and can't go enjoy the woods, what a bummer. I'd relocate!
Old 12-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

I find it funny how the US was founded b/c people wanted to have religious freedom, instead, all people throughout a state have there lifestyles changed forsomething they might not even believe in.The division between church and state is a joke. The President even said he thinks God talks to him?! Not being able to hunt or buy beer until 9am on Sundays and in some states atall is complete BS! Amercan civil liberties are vastly shrinking.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Try living in Utah[&o]
Old 12-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Typical Buck

wow I have been reading this and its crazy. Anyone that says you can't hunt on sunday has got to be out of their rabbit ass mind. I'm glad they don't have that in missouri, or I think I would either have to move or just break their damn law. People say it is a religious thing, just another way of controlling what a person does with their life. I have heard some say you have to go too church on sunday, who says the woods aren't the best place to give thanks. Especially if there is tender loin involved. Sounds like hunters need to band together to abolish stupid laws like that. If people gripe, so what less people in the woods.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just found this survey by Virginia Game and Inland Fisheries....seems like we hunters are shooting ourselves in the foot by not overwhelmingly supporting Sunday hunting. ON the bright side, it looks like the numbers of those supporting Sunday hunting have risen in the past decade...here is the link:

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting...ay-hunting.pdf
Old 12-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sunday hunting bans are a crock of poo established by overly - religious - liberals (hard to belive such a thing exists!) they are horrible IMO.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:18 AM

Blue Laws were laws that originated in the days of the early settlers to the northeastern US, Puritans. The name came from the blue parchment paper that the laws were written on. The purpose of these laws were to restrict/ban certain activities from taking place on Sundays.

I personally have no issue with the seperation of church and state. The founding fathers of this country were christians and this once great country was founded on christian beliefs. I truly believe that the reason for a lot of the problems in this country today are a result of turning our backs on God and trying to remove any and all references to God from our schools, courts, etc.

With that being said, I do not agree with such "Blue Laws." I believe that everyone has the God-given and Constitutional right to determine what they choose to do on any given day, so long that it does not affect others and is within the law. Laws and state and federal constitutions have been reviewed since their inceptions to take into account the changing times. Sections have been re-interpreted,re-worded, or removed all together and new ones have been added. Beliefs that governed the days when the "Blue Laws" came into existence have changed considerably over the past 300 years and should fall under closer review and appropriate changes made.

I highly recommend that you exhaust all of your resources and never give up the fight as so many here have already stated.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

The founding fathers of this country were chrisitians and this once great country was founded on christian beliefs.
Many, maybe even mostwere Christians, but many were not. Of thefirst 4presidents, Washington never acknowledged Jesus Christ, Adams was a Unitarian, Jefferson a deist and Madison an out and out athiest. By the way Lincoln was a self proclaimedatheist as well. Thomas Payne of "Common Sense" fame was a deist and animately denied Christ on his death bed. Ben Franklin claimed to be a deist but most scholars think he and Jefferson both were atheist but wouldn't admit it.In any case, the country was clearly established onsecular principles. Theymade sure no religion, and that includes the Christian religion, would have influence over or be favoured by the government. The government of the U.S. was unquestionably founded as secular. It seems to me that the blue laws are religious in their origin and should be gotten rid of.

By the way, this country is STILL a great country!
Old 12-14-2007, 11:36 AM

No hunting on Sunday? Ouch! Here in Georgia I thought it was bad that we couldn't buy alcohol on Sunday, but no hunting? I'm glad we don't have that law (yet?) in Georgia or I'd be screwed.

The no alcohol thing is even dumber though because people go to restaurants on Sunday and get hammered, then drive home, but they can't go to the store and buy a six pack and drinkit in their own home. Makes sense doesn't it? [&:]
Old 12-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

The last three posts were excellent, thanks for the info guys....Blue Laws are crazy and for some reason VA will not overturn them....I just do not understand.

Quick Reply: Sunday Hunting ban

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.